Photo
- - - - -

I've Heard Of Talking Up The Book Price But....

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 30 August 2023 - 11:50 AM

I like the excessive use of ' ' all the way through the description

#17 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 11:58 AM

I know haha

this is a 'classic car' and is 'one of a kind' and is therefore 'valuable'

Three people have owned it and I did drive it about a bit myself as well after buying it for my wife from the guy who bought it from the original owner but really if you think about it and squint a little bit when you look at the log book it's a one owner vehicle

Edited by stuart bowes, 30 August 2023 - 12:46 PM.

#18 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 01:42 PM

I sent him a little wake up call, in a nice way and he replied and thanked me, and said he may drop the price, what this space...

#19 ac427

ac427

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 01:59 PM

I sent him a little wake up call, in a nice way and he replied and thanked me, and said he may drop the price, what this space...

Down to £10,000

#20 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 02:19 PM

still needs halving at least

depends on the bodywork I suppose and there's literally zero info on where the rust is

if there's none at all it really is a rare example eh

#21 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 30 August 2023 - 02:38 PM

Prices are dropping currently. The last couple of months for sure.its really noticeable

#22 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 03:14 PM

That was what he said he would do in his message to me, and for the record, despite what he has written in the revised listing, I didn't tell him it was worth £10k, I said its not worth £18k, and he should do his own research to verify this. I said maybe £8k on a very good day for someone who really wants it.

He seemed to think its worth more because of ULEZ, and I politely explained that wont have any effect, as anyone with £10k isn't going to buy that to save £12.50 a day, they will buy a modern car that is compliant, I mean it's common sense. 

Down to £10,000

Edited by beardylondon, 30 August 2023 - 03:17 PM.

#23 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 30 August 2023 - 03:51 PM

And he has removed the Clubman description.

#24 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 03:54 PM

that was me!  :lol:

And he has removed the Clubman description.

#25 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 07:43 PM

I sent a polite one asking to add more pictures and suggested a list of standard rust areas to show , you never know maybe it'll turn out to be a really clean shell who knows

all the rest really is by the by, a low mileage engine is nice I suppose but it doesn't really add a great deal of value when we're talking non-cooper. interior looks fairly drab nothing special but might clean up nice, not obviously rough..

hard to make any sort of accurate assessment with 3 long distance pictures and a close up of the speedo

Edited by stuart bowes, 30 August 2023 - 07:46 PM.

#26 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 07:53 PM

Hard to say without seeing it but it looks like a really straight little car and that should be worth good money, sadly in my experience with minis a lot of people are looking for big wheels, Cooper paint scheme, bucket seats and modified engine etc. and if it doesn't have that its not worth much in their eyes.

The amount of times i've seen solid standard cars stuggle to sell but body fillered up old spuds with a big engine and wheel arches fly out over the last 20 years is unreal. 

#27 Aria Aradhea

Aria Aradhea

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: Jakarta Morris Club

Posted 31 August 2023 - 01:12 AM

Anyone else notice the rare black clubman bumper (as fitted to the Mini 1100 Special) at the front?

#28 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 31 August 2023 - 06:51 AM

What about the dent in the roof.Some pre sale detailing would certainly pay dividends.Steve..

Edited by sonscar, 31 August 2023 - 06:52 AM.

#29 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 31 August 2023 - 08:41 AM

Hard to say without seeing it but it looks like a really straight little car and that should be worth good money, sadly in my experience with minis a lot of people are looking for big wheels, Cooper paint scheme, bucket seats and modified engine etc. and if it doesn't have that its not worth much in their eyes.

The amount of times i've seen solid standard cars stuggle to sell but body fillered up old spuds with a big engine and wheel arches fly out over the last 20 years is unreal.

Times have changed dramatically over the last few years, originality is where the money is now, what you’ve described tends to sit at the bottom of the list generally. But that said, the car still has to be desirable. A slightly shabby automatic has minimal appeal to anyone.

The seller will be holding out for that one person on a nostalgia trip (‘mum/dad had one just like it’) with cash in their pocket. Someone came out with a good phrase for the phenomenon (of people spending eye watering sums to relive the past by way of a car) but I can’t remember it!

#30 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 31 August 2023 - 09:28 AM

By comparison, I was watching this on ebay as my girlfriend has the same car in tip top condition, and this one attracted no bids, and this is a rare car

Screenshot-2023-08-31-at-10-26-55.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users