#1 boblyn

boblyn

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:29 PM

Hi,

I have a 2011 R55 Clubman Estate JCW and I love it and use it. Last June I was with some friends and my son on a boys driving weekend in Scotland which was brilliant. Well it was until returning home we used a diversion due to roadworks on the A9 and at the end of the diversion we met up with the A9 where we had to cross the dual carriageway to carry out a right turn but due to the amount of traffic on it had to turn left to a cut thro and do a u-turn. Great until a ******* in an Audi came from nowhere resulting in me having to floor it in Sport mode but ended up bouncing it off the limiter but then the engine management warning light came on saying loss of power drive slow. We found a layby where everyone tried to find out what the problem was, a OBD2 reader was plugged in but came up with no fault so it was decided to drive on at a reasonable speed. Eventually after around 40 miles the light went out and everything returned to normal. That was until this week when again for a different reason I hit the limiter again and yep the engine management light came on again. I found out this time that it seems that the Sport mode has been deactivated and the light is still on, again my OBD2 code reader comes up with no codes and I am still driving round, steadily with this light still on. Can anybody help please with how to reset it, what has happened and is it ok to drive?

Thanks everyone.

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:37 PM

Wrong forum try Mini2 or similar. This is for the classic Mini. Some owners might have BINIS and might be able to help. But….

#3 boblyn

boblyn

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 06:21 AM

Sorry, we have 2 mini's a Mini 35 and the Gen 2 BMW one and I am on both forums and just got mixed up. I was rather tired when I pinned it. Thanks for letting me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users