#1 IanS

IanS

Starting My Mini Up

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:56 PM

Hi!

I have just joined this forum and I'm very much looking forward to finding out more about the classic mini. I have recently bought a 1987 Mini City E for my son to work on, so he can learn more about car maintenance and, even more importantly for him, restoration and upgrades.  The car had an engine swap to a 1275 A+ before we bought it, plus an exhaust upgrade, K&N filter and some interior work (that needs to be revisited).
We have some initial plans for the car, but we'll be trying to avoid anything that might prevent my son from insuring it when he's passed his driving test!

#2 Rufus The Red Mini

Rufus The Red Mini

Formally known as Aaaaaaaa

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 October 2023 - 09:37 AM

Welcome to the world of mini ownership. I have a 1988 mini city e that i bought new. Used for 11 years and then stored. 2 years ago i got the funds after a car accident and got it partly restored and back on the road. Im 54 but feel like im 20 again when i drive it!!! Good luck with your build and im sure you will have a lot of fun. Theres nothing to compare with driving a mini!!!

#3 Richard e

Richard e

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 October 2023 - 11:21 AM

Hi. Also got a city E - 1985. Was my mums car bought new - I think I added most of the miles … also brought out of slumber - 20 years at the back of the garage. Now all working and drives like it should - great fun and nice to meet so many people - ‘I had one of those’ etc…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users