3 replies to this topic

#1 CDY

CDY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 04:51 PM

Can anyone help me with a photo showing the type of bottom bracket needed for a weather shield for a clubman 1275gt as I have the shield BHM1675 (this is the one moulded around the dizzie) and the top bracket but I can’t work out where the correct bottom bracket fixes too.

any photos of the original bottom bracket and location would be helpful, thanks.

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,862 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 05 November 2023 - 07:15 PM

BRACKET FOR DIZZY SHIELD TO BLOCK (BOTTOM OF SHIELD)

"Bracket for attaching the Distributor water shield block to gearbox stud/bolt
Does not come with fixing clips, these are available seperately as part number 13H6461
Upper bracket-NJU10002
Lower bracket- JZV1073
The 2 upper brackets fit on the rocker cover retaining nuts and the lower bracket fits on the gearbox with the square fastener hole towards the oil filter side. You will have to remove the gearbox to engine bolts. Start with the middle bolt first (there are 5 bolts) so you can see where the bracket needs to fit, and the bolt to the left, nearer to the starter is the other bolt needed to remove."

https://www.minispar...ic/JZV1073.aspx

Edited by mab01uk, 05 November 2023 - 07:16 PM.

#3 CDY

CDY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 06:58 PM

Hi mab01uk

thanks for your post but unfortunately it relates to the modern available shield and not the one I referred too which is now no longer available. Both top and bottom brackets are different.

#4 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 08:34 PM

can't be that difficult to make a little bracket to suit?  start with some folded up kellogs packet until you've got something that fits and then flatten it out and transfer to a bit of 1mm 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users