Photo
- - - - -

Building My Own Dashboard...ah, How Do I Do This?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Tremelune

Tremelune

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 01:08 AM

I'm not too sure about the switch panel...I can make the aluminum look nicer, but I'm not sure it'll ever look great. I think I might try to put a metal piece behind/inside and use some kind of trim treatment for the perimeter of the biggass hole. I'm just not sure where to find the trim...I want something small, thin...subtle...to hide the rough edge more than anything. I dunno. Ideas welcome. I'll deal with it after the rest of the dash is in.

bare-switch-panel.jpg

#17 Tremelune

Tremelune

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 01:37 AM

Progress? I wound up cutting more of the panel out and putting it inside the dash rails. I think it's better, but the edge needs something...Probably some chrome trim, but the only stuff I can find is like 6mm wide and it's way too honkin' to match the gauges.

These are all standard 6 pin DPTP switches, which lets me use them for the hazards as well as the weird parking/headlight switch. I'm not sure how to label them in a pretty way...

The Vox amplifier knob controls the bluetooth receiver...I'll probably buy something round and silver in there, but it's pretty nifty for now...

switch-panel-woodgrain.jpg

Edited by Tremelune, 21 April 2024 - 01:44 AM.

#18 Tremelune

Tremelune

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 01:38 AM

It's amazing what a bit of adhesive woodgrain can do...

gauges-woodgrain.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users