#1 omomini0

omomini0

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 02:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

Due to a career re-location I am having to sell my Mini 25 Project but don’t really have an idea of what it is worth in its current state. 

For a little back story, I bought this Mini 25 affectionately known as Omo back in 2011. I stripped it down pretty much immediately and since then I have slowly been working on the shell.

On the drivers side I have replaced the front floor, side of floor, door step, inner and outer sill, complete door jam area, flitch, scuttle corner and inner wing. It most likely needs this same amount of work doing on the passenger side as well. In addition it will need the normal work in the boot. It does also have a roll over jig.

The car/shell does have its V5 ad vin number.

At current I have the shell, replacement panels and rear subframe in East Sussex. I have all the other mechanical parts and interior in Milton Keynes.

My questions are:

- How much is the shell worth in its current state?

- is it worth more if the mechanical parts are sold with the shell?

oH4IV2.jpg

NT25Ft.jpg

D3RKNo.jpg

mp9y7P.jpg

igvpsC.jpg

#2 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 05:32 PM

Interesting project, Im curious why it's an F reg, surely should be B reg, or is that just a rouge number plate in the photo?

#3 omomini0

omomini0

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 06:20 PM

That is an extremely good point that I have never thought about. So although the car was built in 1984 it was first registered in 1989. I haven't managed to piece together the story.

My theory is that it was possibly shipped abroad, then shipped back in 1989, once it was returned it was then registered with the number plate of the owners earlier car. This is all guess work but I very much doubt that a special year specific mini would have sat on a forecourt for 5 years.

#4 omomini0

omomini0

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 December 2023 - 07:15 PM

So I have had the shell listed as low as £350 ono with no interest at all. therefore I am now wondering what the scrap value of a mini shell is. I can imagine that it is to much as they are only little with not much to them. Does anybody have an idea of what it would be worth as scrap?

Thanks

#5 Sir_Swish!

Sir_Swish!

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:27 AM

I'm sure it's frustrating, but you are much better off waiting for a buyer. Scrap value for a mini shell would be around £60

#6 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:40 AM

you said is it worth more with all the bits included, I would say probably yes, bear in mind anyone who decides they want to jump into the unknown and finish off someone else's project not only do they not know exactly where you got to and which bits need finishing off, with respect they also don't know the standard of work done (it may well be perfectly fine, I'm not judging your work or anything)

but then they also need to find subframes, ALL the running gear (and even on a mini it's quite a pile I know it's all over my shed lol) and an engine, interior etc etc

so without all the bits you're looking for someone who wants to reshell their car and also wants to finish off a half done project at the same time, which is basically the same thing as just repair the one they've already got

perhaps that's part of the reason for minimal response

but also personally I don't see or get involved with a lot of buying and selling on this site really, from what I've heard a lot more of it goes on with facebook these days, maybe you could post there as well, I've put up a couple of posts trying to look for things and get rid of things, even giving away free, responses are pretty much non existant.  one person replied once but then never turned up (yet)

Edited by stuart bowes, 07 December 2023 - 01:15 PM.

#7 omomini0

omomini0

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 11:02 PM

I'm sure it's frustrating, but you are much better off waiting for a buyer. Scrap value for a mini shell would be around £60

Thanks for responding. I completely agree that waiting is the preferred option, I have just run out of time and to keep it in its current home will cost an arm and a leg. fingers crossed somebody pokes their head up at the last moment

#8 omomini0

omomini0

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 11:12 PM

you said is it worth more with all the bits included, I would say probably yes, bear in mind anyone who decides they want to jump into the unknown and finish off someone else's project not only do they not know exactly where you got to and which bits need finishing off, with respect they also don't know the standard of work done (it may well be perfectly fine, I'm not judging your work or anything)

but then they also need to find subframes, ALL the running gear (and even on a mini it's quite a pile I know it's all over my shed lol) and an engine, interior etc etc

so without all the bits you're looking for someone who wants to reshell their car and also wants to finish off a half done project at the same time, which is basically the same thing as just repair the one they've already got

perhaps that's part of the reason for minimal response

but also personally I don't see or get involved with a lot of buying and selling on this site really, from what I've heard a lot more of it goes on with facebook these days, maybe you could post there as well, I've put up a couple of posts trying to look for things and get rid of things, even giving away free, responses are pretty much non existant.  one person replied once but then never turned up (yet)

I appreciate your response and you are completely correct. To buy a half finished shell alone will only appeal to a very small subset of people therefor I understand the slow responses I have received.

The frustrating thing is I have the whole mini in bits just spread across my garage and a storage container 2 hours apart. It would be a lovely little project for somebody with a little more time and a sutable life setup.

I have posted the shell up on a couple of buy/sell groups on Facebook and have received significantly more interest than here on the forum. it is interesting how car culture seams to have left the make/model specific forums and transitioned onto social media sites. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users