4 replies to this topic

#1 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 08:13 AM

Recently I posted in the wanted section a need for a primary gear shim, Graeme answered that he had a couple, yesterday an envelope turned up with 2no in it, not only has Graeme spent his own time and effort to find them he has also sent them to me at his cost for no charge, which as above makes him a legend.
This is the type of action that I believe will keep the classic mini world alive, the willingness to help others. I bet there isn't a single person on here that wouldn't stop and see if they could help if they saw a mini stopped on the side of the road.

Shooter

#2 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 11:47 AM

Top man, that`s what it`s all about.

A good bunch of people with a shared interest willing to help each other out with their knowledge and in this instance parts  :D  

#3 wingnut

wingnut

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 12:52 PM

Thats great,A few years a ago I posted that I had smashed a sliding window on my pickup.Cooperman(Pete) messaged me and said he had one I could have and would be able to drop it off for me,

This is what makes this forum so great

#4 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 09:19 PM

Recently I posted in the wanted section a need for a primary gear shim, Graeme answered that he had a couple, yesterday an envelope turned up with 2no in it, not only has Graeme spent his own time and effort to find them he has also sent them to me at his cost for no charge, which as above makes him a legend.
This is the type of action that I believe will keep the classic mini world alive, the willingness to help others. I bet there isn't a single person on here that wouldn't stop and see if they could help if they saw a mini stopped on the side of the road.

Shooter

Graeme also turned me a replacement nylon fitting for my webasto sunroof the I had broken and was impossible to find he’s a top bloke!!!
Chris.

#5 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 24 December 2023 - 09:54 PM

Jeez guys, I’m humbled.
But in reality I’m just an enthusiast willing to help out where I can. And for Shooter63 I was just repaying an equal act of kindness when he sorted me out an adapted sump plug.

I we do need to stick together as a community and help each other - it’s what makes the forum strong. We’ve a wealth of experience, knowledge and shed fulls of parts on here and helping each other is something we can all do.

While we here - I sincerely hope everyone has a great festive break and the fast approaching 2024 is good to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users