#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 08 January 2024 - 10:38 AM

The Bromley Classic car Pageant 2024 has been cancelled due to ULEZ. Although 40 year old classics would be ok, people attending and those with newer classic cars less than 40 years old, would have to pay to attend as Norman Park, Bromley is now in the ULEZ zone. A real shame and along with the London to Brighton Mini Run another event is cancelled....let's hope London Mayor Khan is voted out of office this year!

lDiGQdZh.jpg

#2 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 01:54 PM

Voting Khan out of office would not make a jot of difference to ULEZ as it was Boris Johnson in 2014 who announced the plans for ULEZ to improve air quality in London, with ULEZ to be implemented in in Sept 2020

#3 MiniMadRacer

MiniMadRacer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 02:25 PM

It is very sad that these events are being forced out of London, I guess London doesnt need the revenue that shows like this brings in, and whilst it was a Tory policy I feel whatever Mayor is in charge of London, surely he should do something for Londoners. All I see Khan doing is costing Londners unnecesary expense at a time when we are all struggling.. How about him cleaning up the "air" on the tubes for a start, and yes scrapping some polluting vehicles may well be a good thing, but good policies delivered at the wrong time are bad policies

#4 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 08 January 2024 - 05:23 PM

Voting Khan out of office would not make a jot of difference to ULEZ as it was Boris Johnson in 2014 who announced the plans for ULEZ to improve air quality in London, with ULEZ to be implemented in in Sept 2020

The original ULEZ only applied to the Congestion Charge Zone of Central London.......it was Khan who expanded it to cover ALL London boroughs to pay for the financial black hole his policies have created for TfL. If he is voted out other candidates standing for Mayor have said they will cancel the expanded ULEZ from day one of their term as Mayor.

Edited by mab01uk, 08 January 2024 - 05:23 PM.

#5 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 08 January 2024 - 06:28 PM

The original ULEZ only applied to the Congestion Charge Zone of Central London.......it was Khan who expanded it to cover ALL London boroughs to pay for the financial black hole his policies have created for TfL. If he is voted out other candidates standing for Mayor have said they will cancel the expanded ULEZ from day one of their term as Mayor.

Problem is that they don't say what they will do instead.
In all likelihood they will bring forward their own road pricing plan and everyone will be paying per mile.
It's obvious that they will use the hardware in place to raise revenue somehow.
Chances of a conservative being honest and straightforward is about as high as t'Rump being intelligent.

#6 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 06:58 PM

I expect to see a similar statement come from who ever runs the Enfield pageant somewhere down the line. Khan doesn't care what the greater London population does or says, as I very much doubt that's were his core voters are, I strongly suspect his core voters are Mr&Mrs Billy bus pass as I call them who live in the inner boroughs read the tabloids and believe them. ( I know this is a massive generalisation but you get my drift).

Shooter

#7 and90cooper

and90cooper

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 09:07 PM

Problem is that they don't say what they will do instead.
In all likelihood they will bring forward their own road pricing plan and everyone will be paying per mile.
It's obvious that they will use the hardware in place to raise revenue somehow.
Chances of a conservative being honest and straightforward is about as high as t'Rump being intelligent.
The conservative candidate has said she’ll hand the hardware over to the police for ANPR use.
I’d trust her over Khan any day

#8 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 11:09 PM

Whatever direction this takes it just serves to underscore how vulnerable things are for classic car ownership. Coming to a town near you? The next generation of legislators have little or no connection with historic vehicles.

#9 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 11:19 PM

Whatever direction this takes it just serves to underscore how vulnerable things are for classic car ownership. Coming to a town near you? The next generation of legislators have little or no connection with historic vehicles.

I think you will find, the next generation of legislators have very little connection with this planet let alone historic vehicles if our local mob are anything to go by.

Shooter

#10 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 09 January 2024 - 12:10 AM

Khan is an absolute arse wipe who does not care about any one but himself, I always said if he brings in ULEZ to outer London I would move and I have !!! I also don't believe what any politician says anymore after Khan has been proved to be a LIAR to bring the ULEZ to outer London and the government did nothing to stop  him (which they could have ), none of them are capable of telling the truth, all the government want is control over where you go and what you do . we are all doomed to becoming a number  . 

Rant over !!!

Allan

Edited by Aly-g, 09 January 2024 - 12:13 AM.

#11 Steam

Steam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Local Club: Victorian Mini Club

Posted 09 January 2024 - 02:53 AM

The solution for this amd other car shows is to move to a place outside London so that the ulez area gets NO benefit, then advertise that fact.

#12 maccers

maccers

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 09 January 2024 - 09:32 AM

Is the Crystal Palace "Motorsport at the Palace" event still running? I went last time before covid and not sure if its been run since. Assume this is in the ULEZ area too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users