#1 mgjalopy

mgjalopy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 12:46 PM

Hi Mini friends

Can anyone recommend a good portable battery jump start unit for a classic Mini Piccadilly? My old one has finally given up working, and there seems to be so many more on the market now that I don't want to just replace like for like. It's quite big and heavy so it would be good to get something a bit smaller; just a bit confused by all the technical stuff, amps etc, and don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Cheers

#2 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 01:11 PM

Unsure if available in the UK (assuming you're in the UK), but the  NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000A UltraSafe Car Battery Jump Starter is outstanding...    Hope you find one that you like.. 

#3 mgjalopy

mgjalopy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 02:54 PM

Thanks. Funnily enough, that was one I looked at; it came up as a best buy recommendation on a Web site.

#4 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 03:09 PM

we have one in all our vehicles and it has come in use multiple time...   outstand

#5 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 03:56 PM

Surely just pretty much any jump start pack will be fine its just a 12v pack and it'll pull whatever amps it needs it won't 'force in' extra power

Just have a look on amazon there's loads of them my missus got one with USB power ports as well so you can charge your phone off it, its about the size of a VHS tape for anyone who remembers what they are Lol

I saw it and thought no way that'll jump a car. But it does. And it'll do it about 10 times before you need to plug it in

And then I worked out why her battery kept going flat I'd wired her rear camera as permanent live instead of switched oops

Edited by stuart bowes, 13 January 2024 - 04:01 PM.

#6 mgjalopy

mgjalopy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for your input. I remember VHS tapes - at least they were difficult to misplace! Nowadays things are so small I'm forever losing them!

#7 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 04:54 PM

no worries. I think it was this one she ended up with 

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,78&sr=8-15

or, something very like it

#8 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 14 January 2024 - 03:59 PM

Halfords is a good shout here if you are going noco. Remember the trade discount card and you get an extra bit of cash to,save in your pocket for more mini bits...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users