Photo

Hi All.we're Looking For Advice On What To Do With 64 Mini Heads.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oliford

oliford

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 09:20 PM

Hello,

I am not a owner of a whole mini, but of 64 mini heads that have passed to me from my father. I did have the pleasure of driving my father's mini several years ago.

I am looking for advice from the mini restoring community on the best way to sell a stock of 64 mini heads from my father's eBay-based business. All the heads were stripped down and some have been machined by the local machine shop. I believe some of them have been ported. The condition and value of the heads is vary varied. Many of them were cleaned up but have sat for a few years in the garage since then and so have regained some surface rust. The bulk of the collection is 52 model '940' heads but there are also a few model 4810s, 202s, 295s and one 938 and one 2A629.

Unfortunately, we do not have the time to individually sell the heads as was originally intended so I am looking to pass on the entire collection to someone interested rather than disposing of it. We have a complete listing of the heads with details such as the original purchase price, which we would hope to recover, if possible.

Is it worth posting the precise details here, or should we just put the whole collection on e-Bay for local pickup (from Devon, England). Any suggests or interest is very welcome!

I thought of writing this post in the 'For Sale' section, but seem unable to post there. Any idea why?

I look forward to your responses.

Best Regards,

Oliver

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,903 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 February 2024 - 08:25 PM

Hi Oliver,

i have opened this thread to explain a couple of things.

Firstly, you cannot post in the For Sale Section as you do not have 150 posts or TMF+ membership. This is to stop people just ad hoc joining the forum to sell something etc without actually contributing to the Forum as a whole. It does state that in the forum rules for that particular section.

For Sale

Who Can Use This Section?

1. Anyone may view this section and reply to for sale threads.
2. If you have 150 posts or more, or you are a TMF+ Member you will also be allowed to post new topics to sell your items.

Secondly, i would recommend selling the heads on Ebay where you will garner a gretaer chance of selling everything potentially in one go if that is what you desire.

Bear in mind some heads will be more deirable than others. We can help you with that on here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users