2 replies to this topic

#1 Paul_tomo86

Paul_tomo86

Just On Tickover

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 04:28 PM

Hi guys let me introduce my self I'm Paul 37 from the wirral, after have a 83 city e painted inthe 30th anniversary red for my 1st car (19 years ago) and loving it until it got stolen and burnt out iv always wanted another to play with and do what I never got around to do to it, fast forward 19 years having a wife ( who was my girlfriend at the time of the 1st mini, so I'm lucky she loves them like I do) a son and a house we own the time was right to get one again and it was something we had spoken about but nothingwas set in stone, so I work away from home and my wife found one close to where I was working in Plymouth sent me it and said go and have a look at this car if you like it, it's your birthday present, it was the same colour as my 1st one, the fella had had it for a while just sat there along with other classics he was restoring but he hadn't done nothing to this, it is a real 30th anniversary that doesn't need too much doing to be road worthy with 80k miles he said a young lad hadit before him and changed the clocks etc, got it for a very good price with a few bags of spares, I went home got a trailer then went got picked the car up from his brothers house, he was kind enough to bring it upto Bristol from Plymouth so I only I only had a 3.5 hr drive instead of a 6hr haha, in the bag of spares I found all the genuine 30th anniversary stickers and stripes in the rover packaging with the rover invoices and a set of clocks with only 14003 miles on which goes with its last mot, I was over the moon because of the millage I didn't want to play with this one and decided it's going to be a full restoration properly because this is what the car deserves

Attached Files

#2 Paul_tomo86

Paul_tomo86

Just On Tickover

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 04:36 PM

But then not being totally happy having one I couldn't drive a few months later I bit the bullet and started looking for another haha so iv needed up with an 87 city with a 1275 engine, in really good condition obviously not mint but this will be my toy until the 30th is finished then I will do the bits to this and have a good play around with, I have already done a few bits like center console, rewiring the spots/fogs and installing sidelight bulbs in them,

Attached Files

#3 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 08 March 2024 - 07:08 PM

Welcome to TMF Paul, nice couple of minis you got there, good luck with the restoration, the 87 looks to be a tidy car, don't forget if you become a TMF + member you'll get a very worthwhile discount from Minispares and it will payback your subscription many times over if your doing a full restoration, good luck mate, can't wait to see the 30th anniversary car finished

Allan

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users