#1 GermanMoreno

GermanMoreno

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Local Club: Mainly Minis Montreal

Posted 05 March 2024 - 07:43 PM

Wondering if any of the original mini radios from rover, had the option of aux in ? or bluetooth adapter? i want to retrofit one unit but I am uncertain which one would work? New aftermarket units look terrible!

#2 Tornado99

Tornado99

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 09:52 PM

Not sure on OEM AUX in jack presence, but this guy shows how he modified the OEM radio with a Bluetooth unit:

Alternatively, you can always use one of the many Bluetooth FM transmitter units available everywhere & cheap as chips...then just tune your radio to its "channel" frequency and listen away. 

#3 68+86auto

68+86auto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Local Club: Queensland Mini Car Club

Posted 06 March 2024 - 05:57 AM

Yes, modern radios look garbage. It took me quite a while to find a remotely period correct radio for my mini.

I don't believe any of the factory radios had an "Aux" in however I think some did support a CD changer. the CD changer input can likely be used as an AUX in with some work.

You could just modify the radio with a connector or Bluetooth. As long as the radio has a potentiometer not a rotary encoder, it is pretty easy to find where to interrupt the signal.

Edited by 68+86auto, 06 March 2024 - 05:57 AM.

#4 Steam

Steam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Local Club: Victorian Mini Club

Posted 06 March 2024 - 06:32 AM

Using a reasonable quality bluetooth fm transmitter you can have phone connectivity and usb music and charging. The lesser quality ones can be unreliable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users