#1 maccers

maccers

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 12 March 2024 - 09:02 AM

Hi all, long story short my wife returned from a girls weekend reunion weekend with a small booklet one of the girls had made up, old pics etc..

One of them my wife is standing next to her mates mini, I checked the plate on the gov site for tax/mot and it was last taxed in 1990, last V5 change in 2006. Its a 1971 998cc. 

Is there any other sources of info that I can check the reg plate against? Would be interesting to know its current state. By the looks of, last taxed in 1990 its sat still for some years until someone decided to sell it in 2006 and possibly restored and on the road? 

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 12 March 2024 - 12:57 PM

If it is on the road it would show as taxed and even if now registered as 'Historic' would show as taxed or on SORN if it has been taxed and then off-road anytime since 31 January 1998 when SORN rules started.

If off road since 1990 untaxed it does not need SORN currently.

Therefore unlikely to have any MOT records online and as it is now over 40 years old so MOT not required.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Very hard to find any details since the DVLA brought in their data protection rules a few years ago.

Edited by mab01uk, 12 March 2024 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users