#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 15 March 2024 - 09:18 AM

National Highways has told drivers to 'decorate the bathroom or something' while the M25 is closed for a full weekend for the first time. A five-mile stretch of the motorway in both directions between junctions 10 and 11 will be closed from 9pm on Friday till 6am on Monday morning, to allow engineers to safely demolish a bridge and install a new overhead gantry.  

Closure of the M25 this weekend
Full weekend closure -  Friday 15th March 9pm to Monday 18th March 6am.
This is part of the ongoing work at Junction 10, between the A3 and the M25. This is the first of several such closures this year, and this time it is the section between the A3 and Chertsey which is being closed.
Full details of the closure plans and the proposed diversions are on the National Highways website here:
https://nationalhigh...25-junction-10/

Edited by mab01uk, 15 March 2024 - 09:18 AM.

#2 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 09:28 AM

I live a few miles away. At least it gives me a reason not to visit the in-laws ๐Ÿ˜‚.
I'm glad it's moving along but the weekend close will cause a build up off traffic in the local areas but it is what it is.

#3 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 15 March 2024 - 10:45 AM

The roads around me are going to be hell.

Been to the super market to stock up with food, been to the petrol station to stock up with fuel just in case I have to go out in an emergency. Fingers crossed I don't. 

:ohno:  :ohno:

#4 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,900 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 15 March 2024 - 01:27 PM

Half of my team will be affected by this and we fully expect some of them to be late.

This is just the way things go, work needs to be done and invariably it will affect a lot of folk but itโ€™s temporary.

#5 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 15 March 2024 - 04:40 PM

To me a few weekends of closure is a minor inconvenience compared to knowing a member of my family has to travel on to the A3 using the Painshill Roundabout with all the traffic backed up trying to get onto the M25. Very difficult to get onto the A3 and once on drivers on the outside lanes trying to force their way to the inside lanes at the last moment just over the brow of a hill on the A3. Many a time a car ( including me) has had to break at the last moment as cars have stopped in the middle lane trying intentionally at the last moment, therefore avoiding the long correct queue on the inside lane, to get onto the M25 at Junction 10. Hopefully the total rebuild of Junction 10 and the making of the A3 four lanes in both directions approaching the M25 will put an end to this very dangerous road layout we have had ever since the M25 was built.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users