3 replies to this topic

#1 blakie

blakie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

I need some help getting my mini back on the road. Hes been sitting for a few months now as i havnt had time/ know how to get it fixed.

The problem is it will not go into gear. When my foot is down on the cluch and i select a gear all i get is an almighty crunch. Now it feels to me that the clutch need to be pushed down a little further. I dont know, adjusted or somthing. ???

And help/ pics of what i need to do would be great as i really need to get him on the road again.

Many thanks

blakie

#2 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

right,

If you can get the car into gear with the engine OFF! then the clutch plate might be stuck together. Mine were when I 1st got El Gordo.

To fix you start the mini up and really let it warm up. then turn her off. put it into gear then try and start.

Hold down the clutch when you do it.

edit

OH WAIT, 1st check that every thing works right. check the the clutch res is full and the arm works correctly when the clutch is fully depressed. You can adjust the stop gap too on a non-verto clutch.

Edited by Big_Adam, 19 November 2006 - 04:47 PM.

#3 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:04 AM

try topping up the clutch fluid and bleeding the air out of the clutch hydraulic system!!

99.9% garanteed to be the problem! leaky slave cylinder seals or a sticky valve in the master cylinder or even both if its beel left sitting for a while!!

Edited by fikus01, 20 November 2006 - 02:05 AM.

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:26 PM

Also check that the clutch arm moves when you press the pedal. Not uncommon for the arm to seize when left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users