Photo

Goodwood Mini Van Test Day (360 Degree Camera)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:24 AM

In car footage on the 360 degree camera in the Paddy's Garage Race Mini Van at the Goodwood motor racing circuit.

Edited by mab01uk, 27 March 2024 - 11:24 AM.

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:46 AM

The 'Paddys Garage' Mini Van restoration/build photos are in the link below.

That’s right … a Historic Mini Van, race-car !
"Back in the day you sometimes saw, albeit quite rarely a Mini Van racing with the saloons.
At Playmini we love something a bit different – so here’s the build of our Historic Mini Race Van ! Its been on the back burner for a couple of years but we have finally got round to building.
As usual we have selected a high end rust free donor for our build."

"Now if your wondering why the signwriting says “Paddys Garage” and not Playmini or Historic MiniRacing, well thats the special part of this build, Many moons ago Nick’s grandafther owned and ran Paddys Garage, a car repair shop and fuel station.
The oportunity came along to purchase a 1962 Morris Miin Van, and we thought this would make a great homage to Nicks grandfather, with fuel in the blood as Graham, Nicks father was of course a Downton Engineering mechanic back in the day who also had a Mini van – so in true Playmini style it was rebuilt to a concourse level, sporting 135 of Swiftune’s finest horses this little Mini van can certanly DELIVER the goods !
Panel work completed with an FIA roll cage from Endaf Owens, Ian over at Dustys Auto Clinic did his usual impecable job on the paint then everyones favourite driver / mechanic, Bill Sollis set to work installing all the nessesary “race” mods and completing the build for us."
https://www.historic...toric-race-van/

#3 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 27 March 2024 - 12:14 PM

Such an awesome van.. dunno if my finances would let me rag it round a track though. .

But we'll done..

#4 RichMPiBlue

RichMPiBlue

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 27 March 2024 - 07:58 PM

Brill! I am going to do similar filming shots with my mini come the better weather (not on track though lol). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users