NotMyMini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:27 PM

Evening folks :)

> Question

Please would any one happen to know the minimum and maximum resistance values of the SPI specific Throttle Position Sensor (MMJ10003), and how they relate to throttle position?

> In More Detail

The TPS on the car I'm working on is very dead. The resistance jump all over the place (even reading as open) when testing between pin 1 and 2. While pin 3 read as 'open' no matter what.

I'm going to open it up tomorrow and see if I can clean it up. Side note, big thanks to "hungdynasty" for the info and images in their thread on the subject.

As the TPS is pretty much NLA, bar the very expensive option form Classic Minis Japan, or the currently out of stock option from Mini Spares (which I have a feeling are the same part?)... I would much prefer to build something myself.

Looking at the internals, it looks to be a pretty standard linear potentiometer??

So as long as I can pin down the minimum** and maximum values the ECU expects to see from the TPS, I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a new pot that I can adapt to the original housing or 3D Print a new one.

I'd be grateful for any help

Edited by NotMyMini, 25 April 2024 - 10:27 PM.

#2 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 05:07 AM

idling   600-900 ohm

fully open   3,9-5,2 kohm

current 4,75-5,25

measure between outer contacts

#3 NotMyMini