2 replies to this topic

#1 Joshwa457

Joshwa457

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 06:31 AM

Hi all. I’m about to go pick up a 1991 cooper that’s rotten-ish. I have two questions, first off does anyone know if they made these with a sunroof? It’s got a Webasto sunroof in it that looks original but who knows these days. Can’t imagine that even if I recovered it it wouldn’t leak so I’m thinking cut it out. Do they have any value?

2nd question is…. I’ve seen a few posts here and there about fitting a BINI r50/53 panoramic sunroof in to a classic. I’ve sourced one and am more than capable of fitting it, I’m just curious if anyone know of any pics of how the headlining has been done afterwards? TIA

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 April 2024 - 04:01 PM

Your Webasto sunroof will be of interest to anyone restoring one or looking for spare parts so has a value.

This thread linked below may be of interest if you have not found it already.

Putting A BMW Mini Panoramic Sunroof Into A Rover Mini?

https://www.theminif...o-a-rover-mini/

The very neat Modern MINI into Classic Mini panoramic sunroof conversion as seen on Pistonheads.

BMWSunroof3.jpg

BMWSunroof.jpg

BMWSunroof2.jpg

Edited by mab01uk, 27 April 2024 - 04:07 PM.

#3 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 06:35 PM

Hi all. I’m about to go pick up a 1991 cooper that’s rotten-ish. I have two questions, first off does anyone know if they made these with a sunroof? It’s got a Webasto sunroof in it that looks original but who knows these days. Can’t imagine that even if I recovered it it wouldn’t leak so I’m thinking cut it out. Do they have any value?

2nd question is…. I’ve seen a few posts here and there about fitting a BINI r50/53 panoramic sunroof in to a classic. I’ve sourced one and am more than capable of fitting it, I’m just curious if anyone know of any pics of how the headlining has been done afterwards? TIA

My '91 Cooper had the same roof - I believe it was a dealer option at the time. It never leaked in all the time I had it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users