#1 GThomas112

GThomas112

Starting My Mini Up

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2024 - 10:16 AM

Morning folks,

I'm just about to start restoring a 1992 Rover Mini which I'll be backdating in the process to look somewhat more akin to a Mk1/2 Cooper. 

The car currently has the washer bottle located in the boot as per most 90s Minis I've seen. However, I plan to run twin fuel tanks which means I will need to relocate the washer bottle.

I've seen that on early non-servo cars the washer bottle essentially sit where the servo is in the later cars. 

Having searched on the forum, some seem to have a bottle located on the bulkhead to the right of the carburettor (when looking from the front of the car), but from memory I currently have a small fuse box there and will also be running twin carbs once the engine is built, so not sure if there will be room?

Any advice on alternative locations would be greatly appreciated. I was driving one of Cooperman's rally cars at the weekend and I know he tends to fit the washer bottle inside the car attached to the roll cage in the passenger footwell, but I'd rather it wasn't visible in my car when complete.

Thanks,

Gareth

#2 68+86auto

68+86auto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Local Club: Queensland Mini Car Club

Posted 02 May 2024 - 10:21 AM

I have read of people putting them under the guards. You can also use a washer bag which gives you some different options.

#3 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,850 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 May 2024 - 10:26 AM

The last of the carb Rover Minis & Coopers with a Servo had a different shape washer bottle moulded to fit in the space available as in below photo.

0n1vQ76h.jpg

#4 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 02 May 2024 - 11:42 AM

one of our cars has a steel flip front so have bottle in l/h front wheel arch with integrated pump connnections insulated. the convertible has a small one on a bulkhead bracket and a seperate pump. this was between the twin 1/2 su's but moved across to the right when i fitted a hif44. only around 500ml capacity but never run out and as removeable no problem to fill

#5 GThomas112

GThomas112

Starting My Mini Up

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2024 - 12:35 PM

I have read of people putting them under the guards. You can also use a washer bag which gives you some different options.

Oo I'd not heard about washer bags, but will look into this - thanks!

The last of the carb Rover Minis & Coopers with a Servo had a different shape washer bottle moulded to fit in the space available as in below photo.

0n1vQ76h.jpg

Ah amazing, that would be absolutely perfect - didn't realise these were a thing! Thanks for your help :proud:

Edited by GThomas112, 03 May 2024 - 11:04 PM.

#6 smurfomatic

smurfomatic

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 May 2024 - 01:40 PM

Available from Minispares:

https://minispares.c...ody/GWW940.aspx

#7 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,850 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 May 2024 - 03:40 PM

Note: The large black plastic air duct (Part No. JKA10012) in front of the washer bottle is also a slightly different shape to make space for the water bottle. See item 2 in Somerfords diagram:-

https://www.somerfor...r-ducts-1969-on

I don't think these are available new anymore but can be found secondhand.

Edited by mab01uk, 02 May 2024 - 03:43 PM.

#8 Curley

Curley

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Local Club: Not MINI friendly

Posted 02 May 2024 - 10:33 PM

I've got one of those bottles, with pump, spare in my box of bits if you're interested in PM'ing me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users