#1 steve1978

steve1978

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 02:12 PM

Hi,

my wipers aren’t working so I took the time today to get the motor out and see if I can figure it out, from what I can tell the switch and electronics are good but I can’t seem to get any power in to motor. 

green and black cable seems to be the perm live, the black is the earth. When it’s plugged in to the motor the motor has 3 pins, I think this is earth perm live and switch live. I might be a million miles away though!

anyway, looking for any tips on tests I can do before I bite the bullet and buy a new one, I would rather try and fix this one.

thanks.

edit, I’ve just noticed something, my switch on the dashboard is on or off so single speed as far as I’m aware but looking at replacement parts on eBay it looks like I have a 2 speed motor fitted…. Hmmm

(1968 mk2 cooper)

Edited by steve1978, 04 May 2024 - 02:21 PM.

#2 steve1978

steve1978

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 03:37 PM

Bump

#3 alpder

alpder

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Local Club: MCR

Posted 16 May 2024 - 07:32 PM

There are a few different motors. So some pics of the motor - and its contacts - would probably kick-off a discussion.

#4 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,536 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 May 2024 - 11:31 AM

Hook up the wires going in to the motor proper to a battery. Red is +12v, blue is earth. If there's also a yellow it's a 2 speed motor.

If nothing still happens it could need new brushes - or it could be dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users