#1 Patchmini

Patchmini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

Hi

I'm in the process of taking out the engine on a SPI mini with intension of geting it reconditioned with a better head and boring out the block etc.but that is going to take a bit of time so i was hoping that a 998 engine that is sitting in my garage will do as a replacement for now so the car can be back on the road.My question is will the 998 fit with the manfold of the cooper and can i just not wire up the ECU and the car will still work or do you think i wasting my time and i should just get my ass in gear and get the 1275 sorted in one go.
Thanks

#2 vasi

vasi

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Local Club: Minis 'n' Oatcakes

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:57 PM

You need to get your ass in gear.

#3 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:05 AM

FARR too many complications i think with this conversion!! im not saying it wont work but the fuelling and timing requirnemts of a 1275 eclipse that of a 998!! i know the injection ecu's are supposed to be quite smart with learning new engine requirments but i dont think it would cope with that very easily, downing the fuelling then when u come to put in the 1275, having to up it all again!!!!either walk, get the bus or just get the 1275 done quicker, lol!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users