#1 Ste84

Ste84

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

Hey,

I drive a P reg 1.3i and the bonnet has never matched up with the grille propperly. It seems to sit just above the grille surrounds and looks odd when viewed from the front. I've tried removing it and reprosition it but still no joy?
Someone recently reversed into me and caved in the original grille, so I replaced it with the right one for the model but it's just the same.

Any one got any ideas?

Many thanks

Ste
[size=2]

#2 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:15 PM

Have you got any pictures of your Mini?

#3 MinipixMatthew

MinipixMatthew

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, piccies are always good. I recently replaced one of the side grille surround trims and now I've got a similar problem, so don't think it's only down to the bonnet alignment, it could be other things as well. I found that the holes for the grille surround trim were in slightly the wrong places and had to drill them out slightly to get them to fit (doesn't help that I'm not using the standard screws to hold it all in place!), but now the two side trims don't quite match up! I'm sure it can be easily fixed with some more drilling and some patience, just keep tinkering until it looks right.

#4 Ste84

Ste84

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:43 PM

[size=3]Thanks, I'll get some pics in for you to have a look at. The grille's already up to the lip but I'll have a closer look at it and see if I can move it and surrounds about a bit .

Thanks

Ste

Edited by Ste84, 26 November 2006 - 10:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users