Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Setting Up A Carb For Baseline Running.


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Earley86

Earley86

    Passed Test

  • Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Location: Liverpool

Posted Today, 08:59 PM

Sorry if posted already i have searched and can not find anything.

I am having real issues with my 998 hs4.

Yesterday I took the carb apart and cleaned it. Upon doing so I identified the piston cushion was over 1.6mm, so I reduced this to the recommended 12 thou.

I then tried ro base line the carb by winding the mixture in and then down 12 flats.

The car wont start at all now. It has had the odd run for a few seconds very lumpy then stalls out.

The plugs are dry but have gone very black.

Im at a loss as to what's happening. Do I need to re install a oversized cushion?

There is fuel in the float bowl and fuel in the jet when I lower the jet down.

I am getting spark at the plugs.




3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Cdnmini