Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

No Power To Fuel Pump Mini Mpi


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheHunterHofman

TheHunterHofman

    Stage One Kit Fitted

  • Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Location: Amsterdam

Posted Today, 12:44 PM

Hi all,

 

I have a 2000 Mini Cooper MPI Sportspack. After I had my block and head skimmed (after multiple failed head gaskets), I reassembled the engine and reinstalled everything. The car now won't start. I know that the fuel pump itself is working (bench tested it), but it won't go if I turn the ignition. The car cranks fine and I've checked all the connectors, cables and lines; everything is connected properly.

 

How could I easily check why the fuel pump is not going? You should hear it prime if you turn on the ignition, mine doesn't. I've also checked the feed line; nothing is indeed coming from the tank to the engine.

 

My knowledge of electrical stuff is very very limited. I have a multimeter, but that's it haha.

 

Thanks for any thoughts/help!

 

Best,

TheHunterHofman



#2 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

    Up Into Fourth

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Location: Dagenham

Posted Today, 01:54 PM

is there a fuse for fuel pump, on the mpi?  have you checked it if so



#3 TheHunterHofman

TheHunterHofman

    Stage One Kit Fitted

  • Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Location: Amsterdam

Posted Today, 02:24 PM

is there a fuse for fuel pump, on the mpi?  have you checked it if so

 

Yes, that's good.



#4 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

    Up Into Fourth

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Location: Dagenham

Posted Today, 02:29 PM

I don't have an MPi .. but I guess the next thing would be to set your multimeter to volts, have the ignition switched on, and test the voltage at the fuel pump connector, see if there's 12v

 

fairly easy thing to check while awaiting others to come along with more detailed 1st hand knowledge



#5 lsto

lsto

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Location: Essex

Posted Today, 07:34 PM

Haven't accidentally tripped the inertia switch in the engine bay?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users