Jump to content


Photo

Squeaky Noise On Front Drivers Side Under Acceleration / Deceleration


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 itakesnaps

itakesnaps

    Learner Driver

  • Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Location: Banstead

Posted Today, 03:35 PM

Hi all i have a 1992 mini cooper SPi which has Squeak on drivers side front, which show's it self  under acceleration / deceleration. I have checked both top and bottom engine stabilisers and they feel solid and the engine does not seem to move when I try to rock it by holding on to the manifold. I had to change the Steering column bushes as their was a lot of play in the column. I have checked the steering rack and that seems solid as well. I suspect that although the stabilisers look ok, they are old. check the dash and it does not seem to move either.

Any one had the same and can give advice.

 

 

 

 



#2 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

    One Carb Or Two?

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location: London

Posted Today, 04:07 PM

Quite likely to be the knuckle joint on the suspension, they are prone to it.



#3 itakesnaps

itakesnaps

    Learner Driver

  • Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Location: Banstead

Posted Today, 06:42 PM

thanks will have a look 






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users