Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:47 PM

Sorry sorry!

to excited!

Righty new question.

I love my wellers to much to sell them, so if i had my own driveshafts lengthened would i still be able to keep my 100mm PCD and run mini wheels?

Also i bougth a spankme new DTM 3" exit exaust system, I gather that the manifold will be no good but will the 2" link pipe be any use?

Tomm

#78 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:55 PM

err!! with regards to driveshafts this could be a tough call!! lengthening isnt an option!! i dont believe here is a join that would be suitable!!

my personal choice would be to use a subframe like 16v minishop is trying to develop and using all of your original mini suspension!! then the only thing you have to figure out is how you will do the gearshift, fuelling(carbs), ignition (megajolt)and radiator!! the metro driveshafts can be shortened and adapted to suite the mini outer cv or i think you can get uprated outer cv's!!

the back box will work fine and as for link pipes, take a look at the size of the metro downpipe before you make your decision on that!!

just a thought but i would take the engine apart and re-assemble it too if i were you!! its sat in a garage for over a year and hasnt turned a twitch!! not harm in checking it all out before you commit to it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users