Is it done yet!? Is it done yet?! Is it done yet?! Is it done yet!? :dozing:

#47 1380roadmini

1380roadmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

cant wait to see this one complete sounds like it will be a real great car, lots of fun for the weekend as well with that beefed up 1380. good project!

#48 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

.......Is it done yet!? Is it done yet?! Is it done yet?! Is it done yet!? :angel:

NO! :(

I was supposed to be doing most of it last week, but I went to Rome instead.

Well, it's in the garage and the only thing I've really had chance to do is take some of the soundproofing out, sort out some of the lighting issues, start taking the dash apart and trial build the head/manifolds. Got some more piccies though!
Posted Image
This is for sale now!
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is how the head is gonna look! ;)

Posted Image
These are for sale (once I've whipped em off). They are MG Metro hubs and vented 4-pots, which I am going to sell as a complete set.
I am deffo gonna go for 10" rims and alloy 4 pots, but I guess I'll need to sell some more bits first.
I might just stick standard calipers on it, with the 13" rims until I get the alloy ones bought.

Posted Image
Got me pool ball fitted :crazy:

Underneath is looking good too:
Posted Image Posted Image

Since taking the photos I have not really done much, I am in a bit of a quandry as I really want to drive it to Bingley, but can't see the whole lot being finished before I go. So I might leave it as it is (still driveable) until after the show. Then again, I could just go to ANOTHER mini show in the Pug! :P

The other thing is whether or not to sell my number plate. I had it valued and the price would basically mean that I would end up with a Mini that owed me £300, which I'd soon get back from other parts that I am now gonna sell.

How much do people think the CF bonnet will go for? It does have a small bit of damage on the side, but it's not visible when fitted.

#49 TOMMO0302

TOMMO0302

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:47 PM

Looking good, loving the interior pic!

Why the headache over whether to sell the number plate or not? I have just sold my private plate, like yours it looked pretty cool, but surely £800 ish (sorry, havent looked back at your purchase price) is cooler!? I remember you saying that the number plate company wanted to buy it from you, is that definately the case, as opposed to sell it for you?

#50 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

Looking good, loving the interior pic!

Why the headache over whether to sell the number plate or not? I have just sold my private plate, like yours it looked pretty cool, but surely £800 ish (sorry, havent looked back at your purchase price) is cooler!? I remember you saying that the number plate company wanted to buy it from you, is that definately the case, as opposed to sell it for you?

I am sorta 50/50 on keeping the plate. It's kinda useful as a backup plan for moolar if I run out! :(

But yeah, the offer was to sell it for me , so I would get that much money and a new plate after the sale.

#51 TOMMO0302

TOMMO0302

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

Ah i see,

In which case i would advertise, there are 100's of thousands of plates available so can take a long time (years) to finally sell. When they find a buyer thats interested they ask if its still available for sale, at which point you can make up your mind....

....i also certainly wouldn't bank on any figure they quote..i was quoted £1100 by one company, finally sold for £300!

#52 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, I am pretty sure I'm not gonna bother with it to be honest.

#53 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

Well, I have started to strip some parts off the car. I am trying to write a list out of stuff for sale in the 'For Sale' section (surprisingly) but there is loads of stuff I have that I have forgotten about :D

I am going to have my last drive of it on the current engine on Saturday (I have tried to keep it driveable) and then the engine ahsll be out on Sunday (all being well). I am a bit scared about undoing the top front subby bolts, but hey, the worst that can happen is that they snap! :goaway:

I have decided to drop the whole lot (partly because of the remote change houseing, partly because I am going to be replacing everything up front). I also want to take the rear subby off and replace it with a brand new one that is built up for the other project (project shed). It's fitted with Hi-Lo's, Avo dampers, new knuckles, adjustable brackets, braided brake pipes and then I will pop the Minifins off this one onto the other one. I have started trying to get some WD40 around the bolts and have already been sitting with my fingers crossed that all of the bolts come out OK! :goaway:

I am tempted to fit my alloy sump guard (due to the cost of the engine and box that are going in) but I haven't yet got an oil cooler, so I need to get one of them. I also need to buy some fuel line to suit the Goodridge adaptor that I bought for the carb. So it'll be Facet solid state pump in the boot (with a pre-filter in line from the tank) with braided lines, solid line under the car, stainless braided line going to Filter King regulator, then Goodridge 200 series fuel/oil hose (or whatever is cheaper and compatable) from the regulator to the carb.

I have also decided to fit the dashboard from the other car. I was going to make a 70's racer style dash and retain the centre speedo, only pushed further in toward the cabin to allow room for the Weber box, but I am going to go with the Cooper style 3+3 dash with magnolia dials that I have (it's all brand new). :goaway:

#54 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

Looking good my friend :goaway:

I really like the direction you have taken this project. You know you want to get that 1399 going. Go on, go no, you know you want to :goaway:* Oh, by the way, the Payen AF460 'copper' head gasket is the one to use on large bore, next to the anealed copper gasket im getting water jet cut. Cad drawn up already :D

Edited by Mini Sprocket, 11 January 2007 - 07:34 PM.

#55 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

Looking good my friend :goaway:

I really like the direction you have taken this project. You know you want to get that 1399 going. Go on, go no, you know you want to :goaway:* Oh, by the way, the Payen AF460 'copper' head gasket is the one to use on large bore, next to the anealed copper gasket im getting water jet cut. Cad drawn up already :goaway:

Cheers MS, I will bear that in mind. I do want to finish off the 1399 bad boy one day, but It won't be for a while yet! :D I've actually got all of the bits I need now for the build, apart from a head with BIG chambers.

#56 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

Right then, it's time for me to decide on a few things:

Harnesses:
What type and colour?

I was gonna go for the Willans 4x4's and in black, thoughts?
Posted Image
Wheels/brakes:

Well, thinking about some 6 x 10 minilites, or some split rims, but might go for some 6 x 10 minilite badboys (second hand) for now.

Useful link for later

This means that I'll need some ikkle brakes. Been thinking about the Minisport 4 pots as they are on sale at the moment. But I guess I'll need to know what wheels I'm ending up with. :D

soooo, 7.5", non-vented Minisport alloy 4-pots, with drilled and grooved rotors, and some spangly 6 x 10 minilites until I can find the courage/money to buy some Force racing split rims. Anyone have any bad experiences with Minisport 4 pots? I think I may be just going for them because they are the cheapest option! :D

Clicky here

;)

Edited by mini mad me, 12 January 2007 - 03:12 PM.

#57 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

There's a full front brake set-up including new MiniSport alloy calipers (in blue) on the bay at the moment.

#58 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

There's a full front brake set-up including new MiniSport alloy calipers (in blue) on the bay at the moment.

Oooh, got a link? ;)

#59 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

here they are

But at that price I'd rather buy new and do em meself ;)

#60 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

looks good just dont let this one sit in your garage for 10years ;D lol

LMAO! No chance, I'm picking it up on Saturday, insurance is only £190 with the mods declared, so it's all GO GO GO!!! :-

who was your quote with ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users