5 replies to this topic

#1 Protarmic

Protarmic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:39 PM

Ok, so heres my problem. today, i was driving along, and at the corner of my eye i seen the brake test switch flickering. so i pulled over, checked my brake fluid level and it was fine. then i just kept an eye on it, and it only seemed to come on when i was reving it above about 2000 revs. Then i left it parked while i went shoppign and it was fine on the way back home.. I searched for problems like this but i couldnt find any (because i know how much this subject annoys people :crazy:). Has this happened to anyone before?

#2 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

Entrepreneur of Adult Material

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: TMf

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:41 PM

Porbably just a loose connection. Have a look at the spade connectors on the resevoir cap and make sure they are clean and attached properly :crazy: If they are ok it could be a short somewhere along the length of the lead.

#3 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:38 PM

probably right where the loom passes thru the shelf over the heater!!

#4 MinipixMatthew

MinipixMatthew

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:07 AM

I had an intermittent brake warning light problem a while back, but only when I turned corners. Turned out that the brake fluid was actually just a little low, and screeching round corners was making the fluid splosh around in the reservoir! It wasn't really low, just about half way. Anyway, if it's not your fluid levels then it's got to be an electrical thing, which really just narrows it down to the wiring between the reservoir and the switch. Happy hunting!

-M-

#5 Protarmic

Protarmic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:26 PM

Poblem sorted now, must have been a loose wire, i pulled out the switch and made sure the wires where connected, then blew 2 fuses getting it back in, must have hit the body.. Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

#6 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:33 PM

Sounds like it could be rubbing against the body where it passes through the bulkhead and shorting out. Just something else to check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users