17 replies to this topic

#1 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 05:53 PM

I've been spending again, i have got me a Phoenix gold amp, sub and tasty compoants (16cm) for the front, now i just have to build it all in. i;ve gone for a 12sub. should be good and hopfuly done for MITP no easy feat. also go hi-lows new shocks and neg camber rear brackets for fit for then too. eeek time to get the spanners out.
Alex.

#2 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:32 PM

phoenix gold is some quality kit, what are you thinking of doing with the sub and components (ie box for sub and some door builds etc.)

#3 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 09:10 PM

The sub box will take up all the boot. basicly i have a boot linning kit and the sub will box will slide in to fit that, the sub will be mounted facing the front of the car, with vent holes in the metal back seat for the air movment. as for the fronts i am ordering a set of universel speaker builds from http://www.audio-sport.co.uk
they abit pricey but i havnt got enough time b4 MITP to build my own to the quality i need. hopfully they will do the job. The part i am having trouble with is deciding where to put the amps because theres 3 of them 2 alpines t130 and the phoenix gold amp, and trying to find a nice place where they can be seen for show times but can;t be seen most of the time so the little ***** do pinch them. been thinking about a fake floor in the rear with the amps under that then clear windows to see them but will covers that can go over to hide them from veiw. any ideas any one has i would like to hear.
thanks

#4 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:19 PM

yeah false floors would be a good idea, i thought about putting one in the front passenger side (obviously it'd have to be quite strong) for mounting the amp for the front speakers and the crossover. I have also seen them mounted under seats and even fitted flush into the backs of the front seats. You could also make a panel in the bootlid to mount them on although this my cause problems with space in the boot. You could make some bespoke rear side panels and mount them in there also.

The only problem with false foors is if you're min gets full of water you're amps may get damaged. Plus you've also got to think about cooling for the amps so they don't overheat.

#5 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:26 PM

You could mount them on the back of the rear bench, and cut amp-shaped holes in the foam backing. Take the seat out for shows, but put it back in the rest of the time, and it looks like a back seat.

#6 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:29 PM

ive got some phoenix components, absolutely brilliant clarity at massive volume.

#7 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:57 AM

i know u do max i fitted them to that car. :P

#8 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:55 PM

hehe

#9 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 05:08 PM

how is the car? is it still being called tweety? ar you comming to MITP? i was well *Drunk or yellow human water* with Arron for selling it, his mk1 golfs not as much fun to drive. arr many a drag race we had, sorry to say my then 1340 kicked it evey time but it held its own against me.

#10 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:55 PM

ha ha wev had fun with eveything that was completly FUBARED on it, like he said the engine that was in it was set up professionally. well iv never know a proffesional run over 20 degrees of advance, thats so much that the car kept overheating as soon at it was given any. also there was the gold seal engine that came with it... was surposed to be a 1293cc with light weight flywheel and 286cam after sripping the engine the other day we found it to be completly std and are so quite baffeled.
after setting up the enge that is in the car now it goes alwright, it will keep up with mine just so are wondering what the spec of the engine in it atm? the engine will be replace soon anyway as its well on its way to death. in needs a new set of rings on it but the head wont come off. thats even with the studs out and lifting the engine up by it. also i remember him saying that he was going to leave the multi changer in for james... but wev not yet seen it!

#11 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 06:59 PM

sorry he messed you about with it, i thought he mite have. it was from the day we picked it up to the day he sold it a standerd 1275. Simon at morspeed got the second engine to run affter arron tryed to fit it, so it seems abit funny it would be that far out, but arron my have tryed to "tweek it". had some strange problems with it and you should look out for this, once a plug lead shorted out though the front rad cause they were to close and the rubbing cut the lead. i must admite i had thought about buy it from him but i couldn't aford it. glade it has a better home now, and im not out evey 4 days to fix it. :P

#12 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

haha, the cars running pretty fine now me and flappyplastic bits have had chance to fettle with it, although it is very quick for a 'standard 1275' ive not known a standard engine stick like glue to a 1275 stage 3/4 with roller rockers. the only major problem with it now is the paintwork, its in need of some revitalisation, which its getting in the next few weeks. hammeriting the underside tomorrow.

cheers for the interest

james

#13 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:29 PM

right is all in, it currently isn't pritty but its in and working. sound is wicked best cash i spend this week!! just waiting on my TV screen now thats a job for friday i think (dam work getting in the way AGAIN).
see you all Saterday.
Alex.

#14 Pippy

Pippy

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:44 PM

Good choice on the Amp - I've got a Phoenix Gold 300w amp, and it's luverly.

Cheers
Pips

#15 JamesM

JamesM

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:51 AM

It's so loud, it blows womens clothes off!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users