8 replies to this topic

#1 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:20 PM

hi all, need a quick bit off advice. Im having trouble thinking of places to put my 3 amps, on of the idea i had was to cut "windows" in the base metal of the rear seat then when shows come lift the seat to show them off then put it back down for hiding them, the back seat is all nicly cream swade leather to match the rest so i don't want to scrap it. but if i cut these "windows" in the seat metal would it weakend it far to much and be a REALLY BAD idea?? if so please give me ideas, the boot is full of sub so non can go in there.
thanks
Alex.

#2 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:56 PM

Yep please don't cut the rear seat back. It's other name is the rear bulkhead. So i'd leave it alone if i were you :P

#3 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:57 PM

Any chance they will fit under the rear seat/side pockets/rear parcel shelf? Parcel shelf may be a bit dangerous though as it's right on display. Under the seat would be good but i'd install a few cooling fans. Side bins if they fit would also be good with an extra fan, and you could make some covers out of MDF to keep them out of sight!

#4 Zeemax

Zeemax

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

Under rear seats is the best place, unless you have 6x9s there lol

#5 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 08:27 PM

managed to fit them all in the boot, 2 on the boot lid and one in a resese in the sub box, not ideal but its better than haveing it all stolen.

hopfully all in a working for mini in the park.

#6 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:37 PM

you got any pics?

#7 Alex1380

Alex1380

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:09 PM

NOT DONE YET, hold ur hourse. what u think i am SUPER ICE INSTALL.
lol
should be done i hope tuesday, i hate having to go to work when there are really important things to be done on my car, work just seems like a wast of my time when i could be fixing my car.

#8 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:56 AM

yeh i'm the same work sucks!
On the subject of cutting the rear bulkhead you can do it as long as you put sufficient strengthening back in to it, you can't just cut big holes in it fair enough but with the right amount of fabrication anything is possible. I'm gonna be doing this soon myself but for re-mounting my sub (i might even change it for a 15"), i'am also gonna spend a lot more time sealing the boot properly as well. My system has slipped dramatically and needs a complete overhaul to get it back up to scratch. I will put some pictures on about how i do it for anyone who's interested

#9 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 05 September 2004 - 07:08 PM

id put them under the rear seats out of the way if the amps arent anything special

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users