#1 itsik

itsik

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

Hey everybody,

You guys and gals have a very nice site that seems very informative. I am from the Netherlands and have a slight problem with our Mini. Well it is actually my mom's and it is driving me crazy. Ever since we decided to sell it half a year ago (due to the fact that we kind of need the money and that it is becoming a project) it has been breaking something while I fix the other.

Since we have decided to sell these parts have broken:
- Battery (not even that old)
- Alternator
- Starter
- Handbrake
- 2 flat tires
- Left motor of the electric sunroof
- And the newest case: Clutch

Anyways my problem with the clutch is I took a look at it (full time student that doesn't have days to spend on it) and I am not sure what is wrong. The clutch is fully engaged. So I can go through the gears while not even pressing the clutch, the clutch pedal is also rock solid and down on the ground. I can get any movement in the pedal. Is this a common problem with Mini's? Oh yeah and also seems to have developed a leak as the trunk keeps becoming a small swimmig pool...

The problem is I love the car but it is really starting to get to me, we have enjoyed it for years without any problems and now that we decided to sell it has been nothing but a *Female doggy*. Could any of you please help me out?

Kind regards,

Arthur

*Note that all these parts have been breaking while not even being driven we have put about 100miles on it in the last 1 1/2 years. Also a reason to sell as it should be appriciated more, it deserves better than to be left rotting in the driveway.

*Note 2 It is a 1995 Mini Cooper 1275Spi

Edited by itsik, 18 December 2006 - 10:16 PM.

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:09 PM

the plunger sounds like it is stuck

#3 giz

giz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Local Club: ubmc

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:42 PM

So I can poo the gears

huh?

#4 itsik

itsik

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:18 PM

So I can poo the gears

huh?

Haha yeah I screwed that up a little, changed it. Which plunger should be stuck? The one that is attached to the pedal right otherwise you should be able to move the pedal? I figured it would be something like that.

Arthur

#5 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:51 PM

hmm not sure how to explain it but it happened to me. need a doc to explain me thinks

#6 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

sounds like the plunger in the slave cylinder has seized. You can take it off and try to free it up.

#7 itsik

itsik

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:16 AM

Thanks guys, as soon as I have some spare time I am going to dig into it. Than if nothing else breaks it is time to sell, I'll buy another Mini when I start to make some money, now I don't have the money nor the time for it so it is better off in an other home. Thanks

Arthur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users