7 replies to this topic

#1 MRclubman1100cc

MRclubman1100cc

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:09 PM

Hey everyone, i have been reading about lighted fly wheels, as im thinking of getting one for my 1098cc but i want to hear from a few of you guy's that have one in your minis and how much of a difference does it make to the car. :D

hope to hear from yas all

#2 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:13 PM

Use the 'SEARCH' it is your friend!!!!

Click HERE for a recent topic with exactly the same title!

#3 MRclubman1100cc

MRclubman1100cc

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

dosen't answer my question buddy, i want to hear from a few of u guys that have got one in and how well does it peform, and is it worth it, by the way i don't live in the hills so i won't be going up and down hills all day, i live in OZ and it flat over here, iv'e hurd that lightened fly wheel are good for flat running but are no good for hills. Am i right....

#4 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:24 PM

dosen't answer my question buddy, i want to hear from a few of u guys that have got one in and how well does it peform, and is it worth it, by the way i don't live in the hills so i won't be going up and down hills all day, i live in OZ and it flat over here, iv'e hurd that lightened fly wheel are good for flat running but are no good for hills. Am i right....

I'm not sure where that comes from really. But in that other topic there is a link to an article that discusses the benefits of lightened flywheel/pressure plate assemblies.

#5 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:46 PM

iv'e hurd that lightened fly wheel are good for flat running but are no good for hills. Am i right....

From my experience, use an ultralight steel flywheel on my 1330, you'll find that the reduced inertia of the flywheel makes crusing/flat running a little more thirsty on the fuel, hills, don't have a problem with..

Also on an 1100, becuase of the long stroke and big torque figure, I suspect a std flywheel would be more appropriate

#6 MRclubman1100cc

MRclubman1100cc

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:24 AM

i thought that with the lighted flywheel on a 1100 that it would make it better because they don't rev as much as the 998, and it would make it rev a bit more freely on the 1100 which should make it a weppon when taking off.

#7 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:25 AM

Well, I can see what you are thinking, but the reason that a 1098 engine isn't as revvy as the 998 engine is not related to the flywheel, it is more because of the cylinder stroke. The torque that is generated by the longer stroke is useful to say the least. But I guess there is a chance you could improve the pickup of the engine by reducing the mass of the flywheel.

To be honest, I don't know of anyone that has a lightened flywheel on an 1100 mini, but I am sure that there will be some folks out there that have done it.

#8 MRclubman1100cc

MRclubman1100cc

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:59 AM

yer i no about the stroke and stuff, well there is only one way to find out if it will be any good ill give it a go. and in saying how to give it more pick up what parts would u go for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users