jono fd3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Local Club: Pembrokeshire Mini Club

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:10 PM

Hello to all you mini nuts out there!!!

Found this forum lastnight, but couldn't access as I was waiting for my validation!!!

My mini story starts a long time ago............

In 1996 I saw a 1964 Mk1 mini that I wanted, but being as I was only 16 at the time I couldn't drive the thing!!!
I was Just coming up to my GCSE exams and had been pestering my dad to buy me this mini so I could do it up ready for when I passed my test!!! He turned around to me and said if you get 4 GCSE's grade C or better I'll buy you the car. that was it, the books came out and I got on with it......... the mock exams came and went & I managed to pass 5....... so me being a wheeler dealer (picked this up from the opl man) confronted my dad and said right, 4 is going to be no problems, but what if I get more than 4???? to which he replied well if you get 6 I'll buy all the pannels to put the car right! I said OK but what if I get more than 6???? More than 6 I'll get someone to repair the car for you aswell, so we shook on it!!!

Anyway GCSE's came and whent....... then on results day I walked out with 9 grade A - C and poudly handed him my results paper, his face dropped in astonishment :w00t:

Anyway I got the car on the road in time for my final year in 6th form & had 3 years of fun motoring, slowly upgrading and modding as I went along: 1310cc, cooper disc brakes, Wheels, Lights, Stereo install, switches for this & that, full play mini system, etc. Then the rear subframe desided to disconect itself from 3 of the 4 mounts which led to some rather strainge handeling traits, then a brake line blew!!! at this point I thought I'd best take it off the road for some TLC.

This TLC has been going on for 5 years now and it's almost finished!!!

Without further delay here are some pics of the car befor I took it off the road & during my restoration!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The shell is all back together now & the only thing I have to do is the boot lid, then it's spray time :crazy:
She is going to be going: Honda Cypress green, with a white roof...... & depending on how adventuruse I feel I might do a green fireflake dragon on the rear 1/4's

The spec list is going to be fairly decent aswell:
Hi-Lo's
Spax
Camber brackets
1310cc, kent 276, ported & polished head, flowed 1 3/4 su, etc. Basicaly I read David Vasard's Tunning the A series!!!
Play mini stainless system
3 branch manifole
full white leather retrim on doorcards roof & all seats, using golf GTi front seats
custom cooper S dash & clocks with auxilary gauges
JVC 12 disc chainger, amp, subs etc.
Racing Revolution wheels 6 x 10's rapped in Falken 165-70-10
Stainless bumpers & over riders
One off carbon fiber spot bar holding 2 60's Lucas spots & 2 Lucas 60's fogs
eerrrrrr,
Lots of other stuff but I cant remember!!!

Since the mini has been off the road I have ownd many cars, but my favorate (& I still have ) is in my signature below..... Mazda RX7 FD3s mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Jono

Edited by jono fd3, 21 December 2006 - 01:27 PM.

#2 BabyBek

BabyBek

I love sheepies

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Local Club: TMF and South Wales Minis

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:09 PM

HI Jono!
Welcome to TMF!

Looks like a good rebuild!

Where in Pembs are you from? I'm originally from HWest, and my cousin Paul Thorpe is a member of Pembs mini Club too, do you know him?

You may want to keep an eye on the Wales Regional Section which has only just been set up for info on local events and the like. ( click here )

Beck x

#3 jono fd3

jono fd3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

HI Jono!
Welcome to TMF!

Looks like a good rebuild!

Where in Pembs are you from? I'm originally from HWest, and my cousin Paul Thorpe is a member of Pembs mini Club too, do you know him?

You may want to keep an eye on the Wales Regional Section which has only just been set up for info on local events and the like. ( click here )

Beck x

I'm from Milford!!!!
Probably know paul by face!!

Jono

#4 BabyBek

BabyBek

I love sheepies

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:21 PM

LOL! You probably would know his face, I won't shame him by posting a pic up.... he'd never forgive me!!
My mum works in Milford! Small world eh?!

I'm not coming back from Cardiff for Christmas this year, but next time I'm down can I sneak a peak at you mini :w00t:

#5 jono fd3

jono fd3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:43 PM

LOL! You probably would know his face, I won't shame him by posting a pic up.... he'd never forgive me!!
My mum works in Milford! Small world eh?!

I'm not coming back from Cardiff for Christmas this year, but next time I'm down can I sneak a peak at you mini :w00t:

Yea no probs...... you could have a look at both of them!!!
Got a '62 850cc too, bought it for the rear opening windows, & it's in better condition than mine was befor I took it off the road!!!!!!

Jono

#6 BabyBek

BabyBek

I love sheepies

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:25 AM

LOL! That such a mini thing to say!

Will def take you up on your offer :w00t: and if ever you're near Cardiff....

#7 jono fd3

jono fd3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

LOL! That such a mini thing to say!

Will def take you up on your offer :crazy: and if ever you're near Cardiff....

Funny you should say that, I in cardiff on a regular basis..... my sister lives just outside rumney!!!

Jono

#8 mini23

mini23

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:58 PM

Hi Jono I'm also from milford, but you won't see my car on the road, its kept under wraps.
Just got home from working in london and plan to fit the new supercharger over christmas, maybe we'll meet up some time.

#9 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:09 PM

is there room on this thread for me to say welcome to tmf ?

#10 miniman86

miniman86

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Local Club: smag, Waltham Abby

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:33 PM

hi jono welcome to tmf!! nice mini there!!!

Edited by miniman86, 22 December 2006 - 08:34 PM.

#11 jono fd3

jono fd3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

Cheers for the replise people!!!

hi jono welcome to tmf!! nice mini there!!!

Hope it will be when I'm finished mate!!!

Take a look at my post under the mini engine projects for some more pics & progress guys n girls!!!

Mini 23: Yea deffo meet up mate....... could show you the car as it stands if you want to mate??? Mmmmmm Supercharger :crazy:

Edited by jono fd3, 22 December 2006 - 09:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users