4 replies to this topic

#1 northern_paul

northern_paul

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:15 PM

Hello again - I've a mini mayfair which had a little bump at the front - very minor, mainly in the grill area, new bonnet, n/s wing, front panel etc - I'm attempting to get it ready for xmas for my wife - I had a go of starting it tonight and failed.

I was just wondering if the car has an inertia/kill switch - I thought it would of as it's injection and as a result of the impact it may be 'sprung'.

"So fingers on the buzzer and here's your starter for 10" - is there a kill switch and where is it located, what does it look like (I won't except kill switch as an answer!!!!) and can/how do I reset it????

1995 - 1275 - automatic.

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

yep there is one under the bonnet.

open the bonnet and look on the top right(passengers side) as you face the engine and it should be on the bulk head.

you will know it when you see it. to reset it just push the top down and it should click

Edited by miniboo, 21 December 2006 - 08:21 PM.

#3 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

look here to see a pic:

http://www.theminifo...=inertia switch

#4 northern_paul

northern_paul

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:30 PM

yep there is one under the bonnet.

open the bonnet and look on the top right(passengers side) as you face the engine and it should be on the bulk head.

you will know it when you see it. to reset it just push the top down and it should click

The full 10 points to miniboo and so fast thanks - it did click so sounds as if that could of been the problem - the battery's on charge now so I'll wait until tomorrow.

Now then do you want to double your points with tackling the next question????? I'm brand new to Mini's but I'm o.k. mechanically etc etc, as I was trying to start the car tonight I have a small alarm fob on the keyring with 2 buttons (one smooth and one spotty) I pressed this a few times and the alarm started to sound and I couldn't turn it off - so battery's out - I will replace battery in keyfob tomorrow.

What I was wondering is - is this a standard alarm for this age of Mini??? (it's marked lucas on the back) - if so which button does what???? Is it just an alarm or an immobiliser as well???? I know this is a long shot as it could be aftermarket, I'm hoping it's standard and you (all) can help.

Edited by northern_paul, 21 December 2006 - 08:32 PM.

#5 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:30 PM

It may be worth mentioning, that on a 1275 Auto that I went to see recently, the inertia switch was mounted on the nearside of the slam panel on a little bracket.

It may be that it had been moved by someone, I don't know if they were ever there as standard or not, but it was deffo the inertia switch, because there wasn't one where I expected it to be (at the back as Miniboo has said).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users