#16 maph2

maph2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Local Club: Poor Boys Warwick

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:51 AM

has the t series engine been considered - eeither as turbo or NA. these are a development of the o series (block casting is virtually the same) but runs an alloy 16v head and fuel injection. came in rover 600's

#17 Rob1

Rob1

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:34 PM

I think that the reasoning behind the o series is that it was the next engine to be rolled out, and it was intended for the b gt but didn't make it in . I think that by the time the t series was availible production of the b had stopped (maybe :w00t: ??).Also, the o series is not fuel injected so there's plenty of chance to play around with carburettors, which brings me nicely onto.......

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

If the linky works, it should be a (Weber 45 DCOE kit) for the BGT, which was put together for the car before the o series came along, and is now up for sale due to, ehem, cash flow difficulties. It's a great bit of kit and cost a fair bit to put together, so hopefully someone can get some use from them. (and they look great :( )

Currently the shell is completely stripped on its side in the garage with it's undercoating being removed so that we can assess the rust (so far, so good). Then it's new underseal protection, few bits of welding required and we can start putting the giant mecchano set back together!
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users