Sammy D

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:09 PM

I'm considering getting one of these;

http://www.dsenginee...ct-s.php?pid=74

The price looks reasonable, they seem pretty cool and it will stop my gf complaining that it takes ages for me to let her in the other side of the car.

So, some questions;

1. When the door is locked, you can't pull the lever inside the car to open the door, you have to push back the chrome snib thing first, does this mean you need to leave your doors unlocked? Or can you disconnect that snib somehow? (I ask because in my mini atm, the passenger door snib doesn't work, and with the door locked from the outside you can still pull the main handle on the inside to open it, I presume the linkage has broken?)

2. Do you need the spring assister things too?

3. I presume, with the kit fitted you can still use the locks as you could before, for instance if the kit failed, you could still get in?

4. Will it drain my battery slowly? As the remote reciever is always going to be on.

Silly questions, but I want to know before I spend spend spend!

Sam

#2 mini16

mini16

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:54 PM

dont do it im still figuring out how to make mine work propperly, ive tried a few different ways and the soloniods dont have enough torque to pull once you have a spring on the end of the rod to stop the doors popping open on there own like mine are doing. also they are far too overpriced. i got mine for £18 and they are the same although i wired mine into the alarm system, also its hard to mount it inside the door as the window when wound down hits the solonied, i have a diagram on here do a search for door poppers to see.
also if you do buy some yes ypu can still use the door locks as normal, unless you do what i had in mind and remove them, but put a back up button somewere outside the car ie under mirror or under bonnet. i have had mine working a but i feel its not going to last.

Edited by mini16, 01 January 2007 - 07:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users