#1 Morag_Moo

Morag_Moo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

Hi,

I've got a 94 Mini Sidewalk 1275 injection. I've spent hours reading this great forum but finally need to post as I'm stuck on what to try next.

I went to start the Mini yesterday, turned the key once, pressed the button to kill the immobiliser and turn off the dash led, turned it again to start and nothing! No click or anything. Turned it off and then heard the click,click,click,click of the fuel pump.

The lights, wipers etc all work so the battery is ok. I've checked the battery earth, the 4 yellow relays, the battery power (on a multimeter) and tried about every trick I could find on the forum but the only way I could get it going was to call the RAC who showed me how to hotwire it (using the spade connector onto the live feed bolt thread on the solonoid).

I've got it booked into an ex-Rover garage in Taunton on Friday but they want to charge £70+VAT just to hook it to a computer?

If anyone can help please do. I don't know if it's the immobiliser not deactivating or the starter relay or the solonoid (those are my prime suspects) but it's driving me mad!

Thanks,
Gareth.

#2 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

i was thinking immobiliser myself. incase you are unaware, its the black box with 2 big plugs going to it on top of the brake servo. could try holding it on start and getting an assistant to give the box a knock!! we had 1 like this on here recently and that was the immob unit. let us know how u get on!

#3 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

either the relay box ontop of the servo or the wires have come out the ing switch plug

dave

#4 Morag_Moo

Morag_Moo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

either the relay box ontop of the servo or the wires have come out the ing switch plug

dave

Thanks for your replies. Dave where abouts is the relay you are referring to and what's the ing switch plug? I'm not sure what I'm looking for?

Gareth.

#5 Morag_Moo

Morag_Moo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

Hi Dave,

Guess you were right on the money with the Relay box being dead!

Had a new one of these fitted:

RELAY FOR ENGINE MANAGEMENT SINGLE POINT ONLY

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=33922

Expensive but sure beats hot wiring!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users