2 replies to this topic

#1 deanymini

deanymini

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

was driving the mini today and noticed a horrible burning smell. i pulled over and noticed a puddle of rainwater in the passenger side footwell. i mopped it all up and went to drive off but noticed that my indicators didnt work. when i got back i checked the fusebox but that was ok, also noticed that my alarm doesnt work either.

does anyone have an idea what it is?

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

Moved!

#3 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:45 PM

Are you sure it was rainwater and not water/anti-freeze leaking from your heaters matrix?

Check the level in your radiator, but I guess your windscreen seal could be leaking and allowing the water in, which in turn is getting at your electrics too?

So watch out for a fried stereo and ensure your engine and battery earths are good too.

Oh and what year/model Mini do you have? The reason I ask is because if you have the 4 fuse box mounted on the engine bulkhead then even though the fuse looks okay doesn't prove it's actually working right. Sometimes you need to clean the contacts with some emery cloth to get a good connection or simply replace the fuse box altogether since their not expensive.

But does your Brake Lights, Reverse Lights & Rear Screen Demister work? Their on the same circuit after all, but if their okay try switching on your indicators (with your ignition on) and then switch on your hazard warning lights so they start flashing, then switch your hazards off and see if your indicators start working.

Sometimes this kick starts them, if they still don't work then you could have a faulty indictor flasher unit or faulty hazard warning light switch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users