9 replies to this topic

#1 jonniefp

jonniefp

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

Posted Image[/img]HI, i want to wire in a seperate interior light and was wondering if this diagram is correct? and also where is the easiest place i can get a 12 volt supply from.

thanks in advance

IMG]http://i62.photobuck...ringdiagram.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by jonniefp, 06 January 2007 - 08:04 PM.

#2 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

never mind,

Edited by Big_Adam, 06 January 2007 - 08:31 PM.

#3 tino

tino

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

Get it off the 3-4 fuse if you want it live all the time. (no need for the ignition) this is on a 4 fuse type car if its one of the other's tell me and i'll tell you the relevant fuse's.

And yes it looks fine to me

#4 jonniefp

jonniefp

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

cheers,
Shall i just run it off the hazzard and interior lights fuse then and can i use the supply from that with out adding a new one?

#5 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

A couple of things, firstly your diagram doesn't work as the relay isn't doing anything. You haven't labelled the terminals so I don't know which way you intend to wire it but like that it won't do anything at all. Secondly,how powerful is this interior lamp exactly? If it really needs a 15 amp fuse then it's really too powerful to be running off any existing wiring and you'd be best running a new circuit in to power the relay and lamp. If it is low powered enough to run off the existing wiring (anything up to 5 amps or so should be fine) then the relay is pretty pointless anyhow.

#6 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

the interior lamp normaly has the switch in the neutral (door switch)

#7 MINI jon

MINI jon

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

the idea what i have is to run a red LED light under each foot well in the front.
So i dont need a relay because it is a low powerd light. Where can i get the 12 volt supply from?
if its possible can someone post the corect way of wiring this up.
thanks

Edited by MINI jon, 07 January 2007 - 12:32 PM.

#8 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:57 PM

You want them on permanantly or only when the doors open?

#9 MINI jon

MINI jon

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

permantly but i want a switch so i can turn them off when.

#10 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

Assuming you have a Mini with a four fuse electrical system that isn't injected....

And I'm assuming that you mean permanantly when the lights are on rather than permanantly permanantly, if not just say and I'll offer a different power source...

I'd take power from the sidelight circuit if I were you for this since the draw will be absolutely minimal. The bottom fuse in the block is the sidelights fuse and you should find it has an unused terminal at the fused side of it (the right hand side with a red/green wire attached). You can use this terminal and run some automotive cable, preferably red and capable of running 15 amps. Not because it will be providing 15 amps ever but because that's what the fuse on the circuit is rated to and so it could in theory fault to 15 amps, if the cable wasn't up to it this could start a fire. Run the cable through the bulkhead (using a grommet) to a switch (also rated at 15 amps, sensing a theme yet?) and from there on to the lamps. You need to be sure that you are using 12v LEDs or have enough resistance fitted to them to shunt them up to 12v. Each lamp then just needs an earth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users