1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill USN-1

Bill USN-1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

Am I the only idiot? I searched for 20 min and could not find this listed before?

If I am installing a new preverto clutch onto a verto engine...how important are the "A" marks?

Does the "A" on the pressure plate still need to be at the timing marks?
Does the "A" on the diaphram still need to be at the timing marks?

Does the 2 "A"'s just need to be lined up?

I'm only asking because I already torqued the flywheel and then went back and looked and was 1 hole off on the backing plate and it appears there is no way to rotate it behind the flywheel!!!

DOH................

Edited by Bill USN-1, 08 January 2007 - 06:59 PM.

#2 minimad998

minimad998

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Local Club: not part of a club

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

Am I the only idiot? I searched for 20 min and could not find this listed before?

If I am installing a new preverto clutch onto a verto engine...how important are the "A" marks?

Does the "A" on the pressure plate still need to be at the timing marks?
Does the "A" on the diaphram still need to be at the timing marks?

Does the 2 "A"'s just need to be lined up?

I'm only asking because I already torqued the flywheel and then went back and looked and was 1 hole off on the backing plate and it appears there is no way to rotate it behind the flywheel!!!

DOH................

well the A marks on the pressure plate and the flywheel are the balancing marks, i bought a pressure plate of mini spares and there is no A stamp on it or not one that i could find, but this is on a verto type clutch, if you have the balancing mark on the flywheel and the pressure plate it is a very good idea to make sure that they line up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users