55 replies to this topic

#31 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

Most Quaife ATBs are about £475 + VAT anyway!

#32 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:05 PM

i just thought it was excellent value for money, to be able to use all that power from such a simple conversion, it`s just a different car, instead of dancing all over the road and fighting for grip, it propells itself forwards at a rapid rate of knots, GRIFF.

#33 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:22 PM

Oh yea, definitely, I'm after a Quaife ATB for my conversion!

#34 Dan1991

Dan1991

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

Wow!That's one niced Clubby. :) Is that an extended front?I'm not too sure on the different front ends. :(

#35 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

yes, it`s a cut and shut, standard clubman front end, one inch added, but it took two bonnets to make one, and all that work for exaust and rad to fit. GRIFF.

#36 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

god, this car is quick, went to rufforth park today, i could not count on the fingers of four hands how many vehicles where embarrased, by my mini including two high powered bikes, class.

#37 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:29 PM

i'd like to see what its like against my car. esp being as the mini is alot lighter :P

#38 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

well if it`s a vfr 800, gsxr 600, scooby, a gt3000gto turbo, skyline, jag, bmw, bini, clio sport both 3.5 & 2ltr, saxo what? i could sit here for an age and list the cars and bikes that i have had a little fun with, so on the presumption, you can drive and depending on what you are driving, who knows?

#39 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:23 AM

its only a nissan 180sx mate. but still a fun comparison. whats your 1/4 mile times?

#40 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:59 PM

its only a nissan 180sx mate. but still a fun comparison. whats your 1/4 mile times?

drag strips are for pussies, twisties are for the brave, best regards track day wizzard!!!

#41 frankiebateman

frankiebateman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,288 posts
  • Local Club: NWMC

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:05 AM

that's very niceee ! ;D

#42 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:31 AM

drag strips are for pussies, twisties are for the brave

wow, what a completly pointless reply.

after streaming off lists of cars you claim to have beaten i thought you'd put a little more effort into your post than that.

I was genuinly interested in seeing what my car, being 1150kg's and 285hp against a nice little 2.0 mini. Mainly because i wanted to go 16v. I asked if you had done a 1/4 mile because i know i have and in standard trim @ 220hp i made a 13.1 with a terminal speed of 109mph.

Drag strips arn't that much fun, hence why ive only ever done one event. but it does give you good feedback on what the car is like acceleration wise.

On a track day? my nissan would frickin' rip that mini to bits im afraid.

Forwards is boring, sideways is where its at.....

best regards track day wizzard!!!

I think if you didnt have such an arrogant aura about yourself i'd come to like you. but i dont have time for keyboard warriors...

PS - Does the nurburgring count as a trackday?

Edited by mighty_mini, 21 September 2007 - 01:35 AM.

#43 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts
  • Local Club: EMC/No pub mini club

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

Where did u get the inlet for the R1 carbs?

Thanks
Kel

#44 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:17 PM

drag strips are for pussies, twisties are for the brave

wow, what a completly pointless reply.

after streaming off lists of cars you claim to have beaten i thought you'd put a little more effort into your post than that.

I was genuinly interested in seeing what my car, being 1150kg's and 285hp against a nice little 2.0 mini. Mainly because i wanted to go 16v. I asked if you had done a 1/4 mile because i know i have and in standard trim @ 220hp i made a 13.1 with a terminal speed of 109mph.

Drag strips arn't that much fun, hence why ive only ever done one event. but it does give you good feedback on what the car is like acceleration wise.

On a track day? my nissan would frickin' rip that mini to bits im afraid.

Forwards is boring, sideways is where its at.....

best regards track day wizzard!!!

I think if you didnt have such an arrogant aura about yourself i'd come to like you. but i dont have time for keyboard warriors...

PS - Does the nurburgring count as a trackday?

well my friend i do not mean to come across as what you perceive me to be, but i get sick and tired of all the have a go heroes my car does this my car does that, and in the real world my car does it all, this mini is just a toy, that was built because i could, i hate cars with a passion, tin boxes with lifeless morons behind the wheel, my son drives this mini, i go out in it once in a blue moon, i have nearly lost my life three times in accidents where some retard was doing something they should not have been doing ( drink driver, mobile phone user and an illegal u turn in the road), i do not wish to tar them all with the same brush, but i can safely say as a bike rider every day of every week of every month of every year i can recall more than one moron that has nearly taken me off, i have done track days all over the country, and the nurburgring, and no it is not a track day, sorry, GRIFF.

#45 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:20 PM

Where did u get the inlet for the R1 carbs?

Thanks
Kel

bogg brothers, east lutton, near driffield in yorkshire, cost £263, bargain, GRIFF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users