4 replies to this topic

#1 Grease_monkey1986

Grease_monkey1986

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:35 PM

after about 20mins of driving sometimes my indicators stop working, but my hazzards still work. whenn i stop the car and say go out later there back! whats up with that!?

#2 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

after about 20mins of driving sometimes my indicators stop working, but my hazzards still work. whenn i stop the car and say go out later there back! whats up with that!?

Relays On It's Way Out.

#3 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

or the hazard switch is, or both!! does turning on the hazards and back off again start the indoicators working again?

#4 Grease_monkey1986

Grease_monkey1986

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

nope i tried putting the hazzards on while the indicators had failed and it didnt help. where is the relay located and which 1 is it? cheers guys ur a massive help!!

#5 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

What type of dash clocks do you have? If it's the central speedo then you'll find the indicator and hazard warning flasher units mounted next to each other, just to the left of the wiper motor (on the engine bulkhead).

If its the later Clubman style 2 pack instruments then the indicator flasher unit will be mounted behind the instrument pod. But you can just reach it by sticking your hand up and under the parcel shelf and rooting around. It'll be mounted on a little bracket and have 2 spade connectors, unless it's fallen off?

I doubt you'd have a relay on a pre injection Mini like yours?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users