#1 mk=john

mk=john

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Local Club: Milton Keynes Mini Club, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

Hi, I have recently had a clutch problem where my mini is crunching badly when trying to select 1st or reverse gear. I have a pre-verto clutch. I just noticed (being advised by Mini doc DKLawson) to inspect the clevis area of the master cylinder.
I have discovered that I am able to lifet the clutch pedal by approx 10mm from its current rest position and the clevis doesn't move at all. Is this right or do I need to correct this?

Doug, you may see this new thread...just worried about it thats all.

Thanks
John

#2 lunchboy

lunchboy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:46 AM

Hi, I have recently had a clutch problem where my mini is crunching badly when trying to select 1st or reverse gear. I have a pre-verto clutch. I just noticed (being advised by Mini doc DKLawson) to inspect the clevis area of the master cylinder.
I have discovered that I am able to lifet the clutch pedal by approx 10mm from its current rest position and the clevis doesn't move at all. Is this right or do I need to correct this?

Doug, you may see this new thread...just worried about it thats all.

Thanks
John

Check wear at slave cylinder push rod and clevis pin.Also the ball end on the clutch lever rod and mating hole in the clutch throw out plunger. 10 mm wear equates to 20 mm less travel to release the clutch.

#3 mk=john

mk=john

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Local Club: Milton Keynes Mini Club, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

Hi
I have made a not of that, and will be going to minispares today to get all the clevis pins, throwout plunger, release bearing, clutch arm, push rod.

I think if all play was eliminated I think almost an inch of travel will be gained in the clutch pedal.

The clutch pedal itself has a slightly elongated hole, and I hope to get a new clutch pedal. I am not sure if Minispares will sell that for a mk1 mini.

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users