3 replies to this topic

#1 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

I have checked the water etc, but when im either sat in one place with the engine running for about 5 mins the engine will get really how and the electric fan turns on also if im in slow moving trafic it gets hop and the electric fan turns on. Any one know what could be wrong?

What would be best to buy to upgrade the cooling system?

#2 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:25 PM

There's lots and lots and lots of posts relating to this, do a search.

If its only just started doing it though I would suggest checking the thermostat to start with, then reverse flushing the system, then the water pump, then the radiator (although a 2 core rad is a good upgrade anyway).

#3 MRclubman1100cc

MRclubman1100cc

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:24 AM

Hey mate yer just as it say's above give it a good back flush, take water pump off and have a look at the fins, if the cooling system is good i sugest it may be the timing, running to advance can overheat an engine and can also put a hole in your piston.... (NOT GOOD) so give the cooling system a look over before ya do anything els, might be wise to put a new thermostat in.

#4 Grayedout

Grayedout

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:18 AM

Whoa !!! There is nothing wrong with your cooling system and its doing exactly what it should !!!!!!!!!!

If its fine when your moving and then warms up when stationary then this is what every car does !!! The fact your electric fan kicks in is correct and thats what it is there for !!!

You do not have a problem !!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users