Photo
- - - - -

Help this might be the straw that breaks my mini's back!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mountainmark

mountainmark

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

Hi guys i have a 1989 mini city with more miles on the clock than i care to admit and have a little problem with my electrics. I was driving home the other day when the heater, indicators and windscreen wipers all packed up at once. Not very nice in a snow storm i can tell you. all the lights still work all fuses are intact hazzard lights work. but not the afore mentioned heater, indicators and wipers. Any help would be appreciated as if i cant fix it its gonna get scrapped as i just cant afford to keep spendin the money on it .

cheers mark

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:32 PM

Did you actually replace the fuses or just look at them? If they blow inside the end cap you can't see the failure by eye.

Try cleaning the fuse box (take it off and clean it properly).

Indicators are fuse 1, the other two circuits affected are fuse 3 so they shouldn't take each other out when a fuse fails.

#3 minislapper

minislapper

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

Have you checked the inline fuses? There are some under the scuttle. Not got my book to hand so can't think what is wired to which fuse.

#4 Dave the Rave

Dave the Rave

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:36 PM

If you're having a problem with any electrics on a mini i would almost bet my life it's down to dirty, corroded or generally crapped up connections somewhere. Like dan says take the fuse box off and give all the terminals a clean and everything else visable on it. Obviously check the fuses while you're there!

Other than that give the in-line fuses a check for crappy-ness and check the wiring under the slam panel.

Good luck!

#5 mountainmark

mountainmark

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

Thanks guys i cleaned up the fuse box and fitted new conectors to all the wires all is good again in the land of mini!! :withstupid: B)

#6 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:49 PM

I know i've said it many times before, but do your wipers still park by themselves?

If their intermittent or aren't so you have to park them yourself, then fit a new wiper motor park-switch soon, because when it fails it can cause the fuse running the heater and wipers to blow all the time and other electrical mayhem like misreading gauges too.

This is part that in question:-

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users