#1 Dunk

Dunk

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

engine spec at mo is.
1098 road rally cam, lightened crank, polished and ported head. at the mo i currnetly have a completly C**p carb of a 998, unsure of what size and needle. rather than mucking about i just want to know what the best carb is for my engine from these
http://www.minisport...s-products.html

cheers

dunk

#2 MRclubman1100cc

MRclubman1100cc

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:59 AM

with thoes mods go for a weber 40DCOE

#3 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

NOOOOOOOOO not the 40 webber!! its far too big!! its the same as fitting twin 1 1/2" su's and they are just too big!! with the stuff you've done you wont be exceding the capabilities of the 998 carb!! they even fitted them to 1275's, they are good upto about 90 crank bhp and give much better throttle response than a bigger carb.

if you want to fit anything fit a metro 998 carb, its called an HIF 38 it has the float bowl under the carb rather than on the side like the mini. its the same size as the mini one tho.

only other thing i can recomend is a ram pipe and a good air filter!! as for needles its a hard choice!! AAA will be too lean but shud get you running to the rolling road!

you'll need sum1 with WINsu to give you a better idea of needle choice!

if its anyting like my 1100 you'll b loking at about 54bhp@wheels and better performance than a std 1275! plus loads of midrange grunt!

#4 Dunk

Dunk

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

NOOOOOOOOO not the 40 webber!! its far too big!! its the same as fitting twin 1 1/2" su's and they are just too big!! with the stuff you've done you wont be exceding the capabilities of the 998 carb!! they even fitted them to 1275's, they are good upto about 90 crank bhp and give much better throttle response than a bigger carb.

if you want to fit anything fit a metro 998 carb, its called an HIF 38 it has the float bowl under the carb rather than on the side like the mini. its the same size as the mini one tho.

only other thing i can recomend is a ram pipe and a good air filter!! as for needles its a hard choice!! AAA will be too lean but shud get you running to the rolling road!

you'll need sum1 with WINsu to give you a better idea of needle choice!

if its anyting like my 1100 you'll b loking at about 54bhp@wheels and better performance than a std 1275! plus loads of midrange grunt!

ok mate, so you would go for the hif38 for sure on my engine? ive spent all today playing and trying to get in run good to no avail timing is spot on but the carb is just letting the engine down. do you know if these carbs from minisport are brand new, or just refurbs? really want to put a new one. am a little worried about the jets though, who on here could recommend the correct one for the engine spec?
cheers
duncan

#5 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

They're brand new, the only way to get it running properly is a Rolling Road. Do it.

#6 minislapper

minislapper

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

Dunk.....you have a PM. :withstupid:

#7 Sammy D

Sammy D

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

Don't know if it helps, but I'm using an AAU needle in an HS4 on my 1100. Seems perfect, she goes like a rocket.

#8 fikus01

fikus01

• Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:58 PM

i promise you the hif 38 is more than adequate, and please please get it setup on the rollers. only time i had trouble setting up my car is when i had a cooper head and the chanbers were too big, lowering my compression significantly, i was running 25 degrees advance at tickover (normal shud be about 10) if this is the case with urs then maybe the hed could do with a skim!

#9 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:00 PM

If you want more flow from the carb then you can send it my way and I'll half the spindle for you. Hell I'll rebuild it if you send a rebuild kit.

#10 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

HIF38 for sure ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users