3 replies to this topic

#1 lil'jack

lil'jack

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

HI all can anyone help im looking to buy a good secondhand condition clock but when i look on ebay all i seem to find are positive earth type, so my question is, is it possible to run a positive earth clock in a mini?. If not is anyone selling a negative earth type with a chrome bezel angled not rounded type.

This is a link to the type i want but must be smiths.
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers guys

#2 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

clock as in tick toc? can't see why you cant just swap the wires over?? as long as you have a negative and a positive in the right place.......
(he says, placing his head above a parapit waiting for the fatal blow(usually from someone who actually knows what they're on about))

#3 lil'jack

lil'jack

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

Yes as it tic-toc. Well ive been told if i wire it in it could possibly run backwards??????? or not at all and melt the loom, but i cant see why i can't just run new wires straight to the battery as the casing will not be earthed due to being mounted in a plywood dash, but thanks for your input.

#4 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:29 PM

If you take the positive connector on the clock to earth and the negative feed to the negative terminal or casing if there is no terminal.... then insulate any exposed casing with self amalgamating tape or similar (incase of..... the worst case scenario) then the clock will still be wired +ve and -ve in the right way and should run "clockwise" and hopefully not go BANG...... again i wait with baited breath.... you could always test it and let us know?? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users