Photo
- - - - -

Engine wouldnt Stop untill i turned off the lights..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Protarmic

Protarmic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:47 PM

The other night the engine wouldnt stop untill i turned off my lights. So i thought it was a bad earth, so i put some vaseline around the connection. But today it happened again. Ive noticed that water has been getting in behind my dash.. Anyone ever had this problem?

#2 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:02 AM

yes, happened to me when wires melted together due to a bad earth!! i think you're guna be looking at taking your loom apart because if its not sorted soon chances are the loom could catch fire if it gets hot again!!

#3 Protarmic

Protarmic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:09 PM

yes, happened to me when wires melted together due to a bad earth!! i think you're guna be looking at taking your loom apart because if its not sorted soon chances are the loom could catch fire if it gets hot again!!

:gimme: sake, ive already had an electrical fire.. Did yours do it all the time? Mines just does it now and then. Maybe theres water sitting in the connector block

#4 Protarmic

Protarmic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:32 PM

Where abouts should i look for burnt wires? It only seems to do it if i drive for longer than 15 minutes. Then once you have stopped the engine using the light switch it doesnt do it after that..

#5 Protarmic

Protarmic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

Happened just awhile ago when i was out driving at night.. Must be when the lights are on for awhile. Can someone help me?

#6 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:57 AM

i would be suspecting the run from the fuse box down to the front end or where the wires all go thru the front shelf/dashboard.

what / where was your fire??

#7 Protarmic

Protarmic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:47 AM

i would be suspecting the run from the fuse box down to the front end or where the wires all go thru the front shelf/dashboard.

what / where was your fire??

I was thinking about this lastnight. And i came to the conclusion that it as to be after the switch.. lol. So i'll have a look at the fog light switch(ithink?) and at the front of the car. These sotlights tat were on the car caused the fire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users