3 replies to this topic

#1 Rusty The Clubman

Rusty The Clubman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:09 AM

I recently brought my 77' clubman as my Black mini 30 sadly failed the MOT. :'( But on driving it home i discoverred that the slightes left hand corner and my drivers side tyre is rubbing on the wheel arch.

Looking at the car front on when not moving you can see that the drivers side sits lower than the passengers side. and there is less than 3cm clearance on the wheels to wheel arch.

Its running on 12 x 145 someone did say if i was running 155's that could be the problem. but its not.

Could any one guide me towards the right solution.

#2 Rodders

Rodders

Mr Sexy Ankles

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

probably need some new cones. fit adjustable suspension at the same time if you can. if its not that then beware, mine is doing at the moment and its a result of me hitting the curb and there is no sign of any damage apart from the drivers side being a bit lower

#3 Rusty The Clubman

Rusty The Clubman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:21 PM

I recently brought my 77' clubman as my Black mini 30 sadly failed the MOT. :'( But on driving it home i discoverred that the slightes left hand corner and my drivers side tyre is rubbing on the wheel arch.

Looking at the car front on when not moving you can see that the drivers side sits lower than the passengers side. and there is less than 3cm clearance on the wheels to wheel arch.

Its running on 12 x 145 someone did say if i was running 155's that could be the problem. but its not.

Could any one guide me towards the right solution.

What sort of suspension kit should i go for how much etc

#4 Rodders

Rodders

Mr Sexy Ankles

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

replace the cones and get an adjusta ride kit or get a smootha ride kit (that is my opinion) anyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users