2 replies to this topic

#1 whitecity87

whitecity87

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

Being a complete novice to Minis when it comes to wiring, I am in desperate need of some advice.

I have been following the wiring diagrams and it shows that there should be a white and white/black cable connected to the distributor. I can't find where these cables connect on to the distributor.

The mini in question is a 998 E' reg (87,88)

Please could someone take a quick pic of the connjections on their distributor and their ignition coil and post them up for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MT

#2 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

Being a complete novice to Minis when it comes to wiring, I am in desperate need of some advice.

I have been following the wiring diagrams and it shows that there should be a white and white/black cable connected to the distributor. I can't find where these cables connect on to the distributor.

The mini in question is a 998 E' reg (87,88)

Please could someone take a quick pic of the connjections on their distributor and their ignition coil and post them up for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MT

Do you have an electronic distributor? - the lead from the coil should have the plug on the end for the dizzy...
similar to the ones i can make up...
http://www.theminifo...showtopic=41833

OK:
With the dizzy positioned so that the vacuum unit is vertical,
the top pin is wired to the positive of the coil,
and the bottom pin is wired to the negative side of the coil. The middle pin is not used.

TTFN,
Dave

#3 Leonard

Leonard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Local Club: mini rebels

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

i think the black/white wire is for the rev counter, which the city doesnt have i don't think, asssuming yours is a city?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users